Factory Rear Spoiler Install

I am a new member and this is my first post. Please help! I just purchased an '02 GS 430 that did not come with the factory rear spoiler. I contacted my local Lexus dealer to have one installed and he told me it would cost about $1700 (ouch!) because the rear trunk lid would have to be replaced with one that has bracing attached. He said he has seen after market and factory spoilers without the new deck lid with the bracing warp or bend trunk lids. Are there two different trunk lids(one w/ & one w/o bracing) for this car? Does anyone have any more info or experience with this. Thanks for your help!

cbroz-

I'm in the same boat actually. picked me up a 02 GS430 without the rear spoiler. I've posted for recommendations.. they might still be availible. I ended up going for an aftermarket myself for $169 already painted to factory specs. I'm waiting to come in and once in, I'll have to have it installed..

Still waiting on a recommendation from Mrsypher on a local body shop.. B)

To answer your question, I did not hear that from the LEXUS dealer. I recieved a quote for $1300 and change so..hope that helps..

cbroz, where did you get your rear spoiler? I'm considering getting one for my GS300 too. I don't know where to start looking though.

Can anyone recommend any places online that are reliable?

Thanks,

Dani

Go to an autobody repair place. They will run between $75-$115. You shouldnt be paying more than that. I was going to try to install myself, but I didnt want to take the chance of !Removed! it up because you have to drill into the trunk panel.

Good luck.