Car Not Level?

jtbel

I have been concerned about the suspension on my car since I bought it a few months back. When we first got it there was a noise when going over a sharp dip in the road. I notified the dealership where I bought it, and they said they replaced one of the front struts. I can't even remember which one, but the noise is still there. I have read some postings on the subject and will tackle that later.

Anyway, I was looking at the ride height at all four tires, and the front looks even on both sides. The back left tire I can barely fit three fingers between the tire and fender. On the back right, I can easily fit four fingers. My question is does the side that is lower need a new strut? What is the normal distance between the tire and fender? Is it an easy job for a DIY'fer with a spring clamp? Thanks!

I have the same issue on my '93. I recently had new rotors put on the rear and my mechanic was able to take a good look at it. Even though it is showing no signs of leaking, he thinks that the strut has probably compressed over the years (suspension is original to the car).

I plan of getting the rear suspension done late Jan/Feb so I'll let you know what happens.

www.lexuspartsonline.com

I spent a short amount of time on the net and could not find prices on a coil spring. Is this something I need to get at a junk yard or a stealership?