Parrot Bluetooth

id1

I wonder whether any one here successfully installed Parrot Blue tooth car kits (ck3000/ck3100 etc) in 95 or newer LS? If yes, could you let us know the model used and whether you were able to hook up the incoming call to stock speakers succesfully with muting feature? My 95 LS has a Lexus phone which mutes the radio during an active call. I wonder whether Parrot needs an adapter for muting the head unit and if so where I can get it or the details if one used it.

If you search on words like "Parrot", "Bluetooth", and "phone", you will find quite a few posts on this subject including links to threads on clublexus.com where a GS owner wired a Parrot CK3100 to play the call through his door speakers.

If you search for phone related threads on this forum by Blake918 you will find information on a mute pin in the phone connector under the center console of his 95 LS and how he installed his phone kit.

And if you search on phone related posts by me, you will find information on how I installed a phone kit in my 00 LS using a mute pin similar to the one used by Blake.

The principles of installing an aftermarket phone kit are similar whether it is a Bluetooth kit or an old fashioned phone kit. It really is a fairly easy task.

I previously posted links on this forum to how to wire a Parrot kit to an external speaker - likely a lot easier and safer than trying to play the call through your door speakers like the OEM phone does. The sound from the external phone speakers in our cars are very clear - probably as good as using the door speakers.

I will probably install Parrot kits in our cars when one of our old Nokia phones finally dies. They sure have some interesting new kits on http://www.driveblue.com/

If you search the UK forums there is somebody who had the kit installed in his '01 LS. Has a full review but don't remember if it has indepth technical notes or not. Sounds pretty cool.

:cheers:

Let us know if you decide to go that route!