I Need Tune-up Advice!

I just bought a 1994 gs300. I love it!!!! It has 75,000 miles . I want to give it a tune-up, but I would really like some help on what brands of products I should buy and what should I replace when I tune it up. I know how to perform a tune-up, but sometimes cars that are very computerized can be effected if you don't do something the right way. I am having the transmission fluid replaced and the filter and flushing it. I am also having the fuel injectors cleaned. I do not know when the last tune-up was done so I am not going to take any chances. I do know that the previous owners would always take it to lexus to get anything and everything done to it. Can anyone give this new lexus owner some advice. I'm not trying to be rude, but if you respond please be experienced.

I just bought a 1994 gs300. I love it!!!! It has 75,000 miles . I want to give it a tune-up, but I would really like some help on what brands of products I should buy and what should I replace when I tune it up. I know how to perform a tune-up, but sometimes cars that are very computerized can be effected if you don't do something the right way. I am having the transmission fluid replaced and the filter and flushing it. I am also having the fuel injectors cleaned. I do not know when the last tune-up was done so I am not going to take any chances. I do know that the previous owners would always take it to lexus to get anything and everything done to it. Can anyone give this new lexus owner some advice. I'm not trying to be rude, but if you respond please be experienced.

Use all OEM parts when tuning, There are a few online dealers that you can get a fair discount on parts.

www.irontoad.com www.luxurymods.com just to name a couple.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

From my experience, do what the previous owners did. take it to lexus. they know your vehicle best. and you can enjoy your car and not worry about it.

Lucky You!!!! You're next tuneup will be the expensive one. Timing belt, tensioner, water pump (take it to Lexus or toyota or independant dealer for this one) Expect to pay around $1000. Also if the plugs and wires, cap and rotor have not been replaced, it's that time!!! Oh and get ready cause very soon o2 sensors and motor mounts are coming up at 100,000. Now lets talk about suspension <_< Transmission flush, brake flud flush, power steering fluid flush all need to be done before 100,000 as well

Since the previous owner had everything done at Lexus, go to a Lexus dealer and have them pull up the service history. No need doing stuff if its already been done.

Thanks for all the help, I am really grateful. I am very new to this club and to lexus. For anyone that has any doubts about this club you are very wrong. I hope everyone continues to help one another. Thanks again for all the advice. " There are never stupid questions, it's just stupid not to ask them ". :D

Thanks for all the help, I am really grateful. I am very new to this club and to lexus. For anyone that has any doubts about this club you are very wrong. I hope everyone continues to help one another. Thanks again for all the advice. " There are never stupid questions, it's just stupid not to ask them ". :D

Get the service record from LEXUS, Buy the parts you need at a discount, Then have a toyota dealer do the labor. You will save big $$$