Radio Problems

tapao

ok i have a 1997 ls400, and my stereo keeps cutting out.

i can still play music, but only with the bass turned all the way down. if i turn it too loud, and if the bass hits, the stereo cuts out. It only does this when there is any type of bass in the song.

i heard some people say it could be the factory amp, but i can still play it when the sub is down. it might be, but im not sure.

someone help me... ill try to answer anymore questions that yall might have.

-tap

Edited by tapao

ok i have a 1997 ls400, and my stereo keeps cutting out.

i can still play music, but only with the bass turned all the way down. if i turn it too loud, and if the bass hits, the stereo cuts out. It only does this when there is any type of bass in the song.

i heard some people say it could be the factory amp, but i can still play it when the sub is down. it might be, but im not sure.

someone help me... ill try to answer anymore questions that yall might have.

-tap

It def sounds like the amp. Have it tested at a reputable stereo shop. There are places that refurbish them or you might take a chance on finding one used at a wrecker yard [ salvage yard/ junk yard ] You won't find a aftermarket amp that will be a direct replacement, Another option is to put a whole new aftermarket system in.

ya its that nakamichi one.. not really sure on the spelling.

but can i just buy a different amp, and have it power the speakers... just some 4ch small amp. just to push those speakers.

if i replace the the head unit... would i still have the problem.

im not really sure abouty the lexus stereo set up, but if i got a new head unit to replace this one, would i still need a new amp for it? or would the new head unit be able to push them... im taking out the factory sub also.

• 2 weeks later...