Cargo Cover For The 2006 Gx470

leonic

Can someone please help me. I have a 2006 Lexus GX470 and I have taken the third row seat out and put it in the garage. I want to add a tannaeu cover, but the Lexus dealer told me that I would have to replace all of the interior panels on the vehicle. How do I get the cargo cover without having to rebuild the back interior?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please help me. I have a 2006 Lexus GX470 and I have taken the third row seat out and put it in the garage. I want to add a tannaeu cover, but the Lexus dealer told me that I would have to replace all of the interior panels on the vehicle. How do I get the cargo cover without having to rebuild the back interior?

I'm wondering if you have heard a response privately from anyone? Same issue here. I took deliverly last night. Dealer told me you can't even GET a car without the third seat. I called dealership today to "buy" the cargo cover and they told me about $1600. to install one. What crap! The parts guy recommended I look online for an aftermarket solution. I didnt want the third seat option for starters - paid dearly for it - and now another $1600. Not nice!

LAWOOF@aol.com

• 6 months later...

wow. very old thread but, Yes but leonic was right about what the dealer told him. You need to replace the interior sidings as the GX470s w/3rd seat don't have the two mounting brackets for the tonneau cover. The GX470s w/o 3rd seat can't install 3rd seats in the future, because they don't have the brackets to install the 3rd row seats. So it's a vice versa thing. I'm not sure if Lexus does or doesn't offer a GX w/o third row, but mine doesn't have third row seats. :) :whistles: