Should I Wait For The Rx350?

Only if you need a bigger engine, or if you're the kind of person that must have the latest, greatest and biggest a carmaker offers.

Edited by COZ

I would not only wait I would not even buy a new RX350 unless Lexus could somehow prove, or assure me, that the engine/throttle hesitation problems that the 04 and later RXes are exhibiting are finally addressed.

Otherwise both the BMW X3 and the Mazda CX-7 will get my serious consideration when my current SUV ride needs to go away.

Edited by wwest

Thanks in advance,

I just put down a deposit on a 2006 RX 330 ..... we are paying $41,200 for '06 RX330 (includes Navigation, 18" wheels, premium plus pkg, etc) ..... should I wait for the RX 350 .....

Bobby

Did you buy the car? I just got same deal, 41,700 (overloaded) leased. Have you heard any more news on the RX 350. If I could have waited for the 350 maybe I should of. But then the 350 would go for MSRP or more for a few months. I was figuring I could 'trade up' after all the hoopla/hype was over with.

You could go to a Hertz airport location and rent a 2006 Toyota Avalon. The '06 Avalon has the same engine and transmission that will likely go into the 2007 RX. Then you could also rent a 2005 or 2006 Toyota Highlander from Hertz as it has the same engine and transmission as the 2006 RX. By comparing the enginer and transmission performance of the Avalon and Highlander you could decide whether the 2007 RX would be worth the wait. The '06 Avalon is really popular and selling well which might mean owners are thrilled with its powertrain performance.

I would not only wait I would not even buy a new RX350 unless Lexus could somehow prove, or assure me, that the engine/throttle hesitation problems that the 04 and later RXes are exhibiting are finally addressed.

Otherwise both the BMW X3 and the Mazda CX-7 will get my serious consideration when my current SUV ride needs to go away.

I've had my 05 RX now for 13 months and put on over 8000 miles without any throttle hesitation problems.

I read about it with a number of 04's but not heard about it with the 05 RX. Maybe I'm just lucky ?

:whistles:

Either way your gold because they are both (gonna be) great cars, its a lexus. Im very happy with my '04 Rx but im still disapointed on how I missed the options that were available on the '05, like bluetooth in the nav...darn. Dont let this happen to you, im sure they have to prove something on the inside. So if it was me, and if i didnt need a car badly now, i would go with the rx350. Ive always thought the rx330 was underpowered. 230hp for a about 2 ton car. for the same price, u could get the infiniti FX with i believe 260 or around there. Also it depends on how much you wanna spend. the 350 will probably be a few grand more?

Edited by Rx330driver

I would guess that the upcoming RX model will have DFI, direct fuel injection (into the combustion chamber) for improved fuel economy and just maybe the RAV4's new AWD system.

Both probably worth waiting for.

Thanks for the replies!

The wife wanted a Lexus for Christmas and she got one ........ a flint mica 2006 RX330 .... black interior ...... drives pretty good ........ I personally like the LX470 better ;) ......

We got the same car, loaded yesterday for good price. We are very happy. Will trade in towards end of 06 for the RX350...