Chromes For The Rx 400h

One of the things I don't like about the 400h is the rims compared to the 330 ... has anyone chromed their stock rims or done the chrome exchange option like offered on the 330s? I chromed my 330's 18s and it really improved my appreciation of the car.

Just curious.

Thanks

One of the things I don't like about the 400h is the rims compared to the 330 ... has anyone chromed their stock rims or done the chrome exchange option like offered on the 330s? I chromed my 330's 18s and it really improved my appreciation of the car.

Just curious.

Thanks

Lexus does not recommend chroming the factory wheels on the RX400h due to the regenerative breaking. They believe that it can effect its system. You could go get some somewhere, but I would check to see if it voids your warranty first.

Just curious.

Thanks

I love the polished titanium radiance of the stock wheels, primarily because they are NOT like everyone else's chrome wheels. They really go well with the hi-tech ambience of this vehicle.

Just curious.

Thanks

Lexus does not recommend chroming the factory wheels on the RX400h due to the regenerative breaking. They believe that it can effect its system. You could go get some somewhere, but I would check to see if it voids your warranty first.

There was a time when some dealers were chrome plating the 330 rims and installing them on the 400h. This practice has since been discontinued by Lexus (via corporate memo to all the dealers). The reason this was shutdown was that the loads on the rims generated by the 400h are significatnly higher than the 330 and it was wrong to swap the rims for that reason. It has nothing to do with the chrome plate.

What some still do is chrome plate the 400h rims so that they can charge a premium for them... I made it a condition of purchase that they DO NOT do this on my car. Again it was not for any performance or technical reason, a) I did not want to just hand over $2500 for no reason, and B) I simply think the factory rims look better with the graphite finish rather than chrome.

If you want chrome have them done at local plate shop. It should be less than a $100 per rim. You might want to have them only do one at a time so you can still have use of the car (with no spare) while the work is done.