Cel On My 95 Es, Where To Get It Read?

chuckb

I have a cel that just came on on my 95 ES. Car still runs fine. I went to autozone and discount auto to get it checked, but both said they can only check 96+ 1387914497.gif

any other ideas. what do you guys think it is? car has 92k miles. I'm guessing it's an 02 sensor....

I went to autozone and discount auto to get it checked, but both said they can only check 96+ :uh:

Your car is OBD II. Just go back to AutoZone, and tell them it's a 1998 model. ;) They always say '96 because that's when most (or all?) cars became OBD II. The ES was OBD II since '94. AutoZone read many codes on my old 94 ES. I second the O2 sensor guess!

Ya. Just be sure you're using the OBD-II compatible DLC. (DLC3 behind the fuse box cover I do believe). The 1mz-fe's are the world's first compliant OBD-II engines, but oddly still had Toyota's OBD-I DLC1 & DLC2.

Wierd, wild *BLEEP* man.

I did more searching and found out it's the one near fire wall. of course :cries:

no biggie though, I already changed it. I just had to cram my arm in behind the motor. it took me longer to get the plug unplugged because it was hard to get 2 hands on it.

Take it off & clean it, the actuator, the electronic harness for it & make sure the vacuum lines are OK.

thanks-saw your response on CL too. so do I just clean it with carb cleaner, does that usually work? also, is the actuator part of the egr when you buy a new oem egr, or is that a separate part?

Take it off & clean it, the actuator, the electronic harness for it & make sure the vacuum lines are OK.

thanks-saw your response on CL too. so do I just clean it with carb cleaner, does that usually work? also, is the actuator part of the egr when you buy a new oem egr, or is that a separate part?

so is the actuator part of the egr when you buy a new oem egr, or is that a separate part?