Aircon Stench

hey folks a newbie here, just a question if i may? everytime i turn on my a/c a stench eminates from it. i thought it was my cabin air filter so i changed but the smell is still there. any input on how to eradicate this would be highly appreciated. it's really embarassing especially when i have ladies in my ride.

thank you

AutoZone sells a spray that you can spray into the vents outside the windshield, that will kill the mold, and clean out the vents. Just make sure your a/c is on Noncirculating.

When you leave your a/c on for a period of time it gets cold and starts to "sweat", then the water will just sit there and stuff will happen.... Most people tend to just turn off their cars right away. What you should do about 30 seconds before you turn off your car, turn off the a/c button, and switch to noncirculating.... Well that's what I do, and it works fine for me.

Good luck with getting the stench out..

Also if the drain hose is blocked for the evaporator moisture will not drain away. There should be water under the car from the AC running if it is working properly. The hose is usually on the right side of the car on the firewall straight back in front of the passenger seat.

When you leave your a/c on for a period of time it gets cold and starts to "sweat", then the water will just sit there and stuff will happen....  Most people tend to just turn off their cars right away.  What you should do about 30 seconds before you turn off your car, turn off the a/c button, and switch to noncirculating.... Well that's what I do, and it works fine for me.

that is great advice. that's what I do too, and before I used to do that, I had the stench aswell. also, spray crisp lenen lysol into the intake vents outside the windshield with the ac on full blast, compressor off, on fresh air intake setting