Start Up Issue

akewlguy

Go to start the LS and sounds like battery not enough juice. SO I clean terminals look at water and just a clicking sound.

Next step is the jump, but what are these hood shocks called. Freaking things suck or just worn out. SO aggrivating!

autozone $20 and a minor installation. So I will get these hood shocks done today.

A common problem, do yourself a favor and spend about $30 at Autozone and buy yourself a set of lifetime warranty Mighty Lift struts. They don't have a direct replacement but you can change the end fittings on them and you can quit cussing them. There has been a lot of info written on that subject, do a search on hood struts.

Yeah the problem is the car wont start.. Tried to jump and now we are going to replace battery. You know its wet cold and when your trying to clean the terminals and the damn thing nearly falls on your head... One gets aggrivated. Long day...

Of course Autozone does not have the part, so I am going to get them online.

Thanks for help!

Car is running like a tank, but damn battery cover does not fit this Interstate battery... If it aint one thing its another.

We had a couple of instances where our LS didn't start. Usually at the airport after "someone" left an interior light on or something. Let me tell you cool, these cars are very hard to jumpstart. The jumper truck tried the jumper battery, click. Then he hooked it up directly to his truck battery and a slight groan. Waited quite a while and then a slow crank and start. I am not sure why but in both cases, it was really hard to jump. Even though the battery tested perfectly twice, I replaced it and hav not had another problem. That was a little over a year ago and now the car just sits in the garage most of the time. I only take it out once in a while during nice weather to go racing.

Vin you from Hokie land? I was just down there and it was nasty (Miami vs. Hokies), but I love the area.. Great place to play golf.

What should the CCA and CA for the battery be? I ask this since the mechanic installed the Interstate 550 CA ($85) and stated "this is what LS calls for." In all reality I wanted the 800 CA battery, but ohh well. BTW LEXUS battery is 92 bucks.

Also it sucks that cover does not fit battery. So I am going to take a drill and make it fit.