Does Anyone Know This?

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any responses. I have a 01 gs430 and I'd like to know if there's a way to prevent the dash lights around the speedo, tach, etc. from dimming when it becomes night time. My lights dim a little too low for my liking. I like the brightness of the dash lights when it's sunny outside and was wondering if there's a way to trick the computer into keeping that setting?

Again, thanks for your help!

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any responses. I have a 01 gs430 and I'd like to know if there's a way to prevent the dash lights around the speedo, tach, etc. from dimming when it becomes night time. My lights dim a little too low for my liking. I like the brightness of the dash lights when it's sunny outside and was wondering if there's a way to trick the computer into keeping that setting?

Again, thanks for your help!

Do you have the dimmer switch all the way up? I have owned 2 GS430's and i don't remember the gauge lights dimming at night. Maybe they did but i don't remember.

Do you have navigation?

With navi, if you leave the dimmer "just" below the click they will be bright during thr day, but at night the gauge lights will dim a bit, and the nav screen goes to a black screen with lighter color roads etc. I don't own any lexus' without nav so i can't tell for sure.

Only if the dimmer switch is past the click will the lights stay at max brightness all the time...but with nav, the screen will blind you like crazy so you need to take brightness out of the nav screen day and night..it's a real pain to keep the gauges bright LOL

I don't know about you guys, but the dimmer in my 1998 GS doesn't have any detents (clicks). Furthuremore, the range in which the dash lights will automatically dim and the amount of the dimming depending on the outside light level is adjustable with the Lexus computer. Visit your dealer and ask about customizing it.

See also This Previous Post.

I don't know about you guys, but the dimmer in my 1998 GS doesn't have any detents (clicks). Furthuremore, the range in which the dash lights will automatically dim and the amount of the dimming depending on the outside light level is adjustable with the Lexus computer. Visit your dealer and ask about customizing it.

See also This Previous Post.

Like i said, i don't remember. I don't really pay much attention to the gauges as long as i know what speed i'm going. I haven't been in a GS in a few months and the dimmer was the last thing i was focusing on.

The RX dimmer knob was the last one i ever thouched and it has the "click"

I believe the LS and GS dimwer switches are rollers (vertical) compared to the rx300 that's rotational (clockwise etc)

I have a 01 GS430, and I've had the exact same question. I have nav (all 430's did, didn't they?), and there is no "click." I've tried finding a way to make brighter, but just gave up.

Either my SC or wife's RX330 has the "click," I just don't remember which one. Pretty sure my SC did, but for sure my 430 does not.

I've got a '98 400 and I think that's just they way the dash dials are.  They are brighter in the daytime and even cranked up seem less bright at night.

They are definately designed that way. As mentioned, the level at which the interior lighting will switch from day (bright) to night (dim) mode is adjustable by using the Lexus computer.