Cd Changer Ls400 1993

navigator12345

Hi,

LS400, 1993, CD Changer, Pioneer.

Is an error msg on pioneerCD reader a common problem?

I have been getting an error msg ERR when I turn on the CD player.

It may work after a while.

I have to keep pushing buttons like CD or Track buttons until it starts to work.

It keeps getting worse.

I am thinking the head maybe dirty, because it works sometimes and it keeps getting worse.

Maybe disk cleaner kits could fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone done a total replacement of dash and cd changer to a more modern one?

Try typing in "pioneer" in the "search topic" at the bottom or maybe try lexls.com and try his tutorials on audio. He's a great provider of input on this forum. Don't forget to send a donation to him, if he helps you, as it is almost Christmas and he deserves our monetary "input". There are also a couple of other Pioneer Gurus on this site and hopefully, they will chime in and help you. Good Luck.

I do not disagree with this information. But in my 95, my lexus cd changer actually plays everything, including copies that are not in the best of shape "scratches" flawlessly! It actually plays CDs better than my home based Sony...of which won't play a copy at all "1994 model". But, on my dealership history report on my car, the previous owner had "radio" work done back in 03'. It's very obvious he had the LCD problem and the dealer replaced the radio, as it's much brighter at night than the air module. Maybe when they fixed whatever the problem was, they upgraded something in there too that made the changer work sooooo well. I'm not 100% sure the previous owner did not have all the speakers replaced too, as I find it strange a 10+ year old car still has it's original speakers, and none of them are even slightly damaged. They sound brand new!

Are these original cd's or copies? Pioneer does not seem to like copies, is why I asked.

In my last car, 2001 Maxima, on those cold morning the CD player would not read the disc either. when I ejected the CD, I noticed a small later of fog on it. I simply cleaned the CD, put it back in, and it played fine. Maybe it's the condensation on the disc???

I also have the Pioneer 6 Disc in my 93 LS - I have noticed this issue arises when it cold outside.  During warmer days, I never see ERR

do a search for "dcfish" his is the resident cd changer expert. I bought a refirbed cd changer and sub from him and have been very pleased.

I too notice that my "new" cdchanger doesn't like to play as well when it's cold, later in the day when it's warmer, it plays fine.