Cleaning Maf

sorry to be so persistant.. i have never worked on a toyota or lexus at all in my life i just bought this car and 2 weeks later the cel comes on.. went to autozone needs a new o2 sensor bank 1.. its being shipped to me as we speak and it was misfiring i changed all 6 plugs today.. the back 3 were not that bad i got skinny arms haha! but i want to clean the mass airflow sensor and i am unsure how to do it i really need some help with this! please help me! i am also a new member and have learned alot of information. i have searched how to do this but cant find somone to explain it they all say the did it but not tell how!

kevin :cries:

another question i have is how should my car run with the cel on and a its reading bad o2 sensor car running lean

it will run normal, you will just notice a decrease in gas mileage, if anything at all. :D the O2 sensors are emissions related, not much else.

'94 OEM Camry repair manual

LeanRich.jpg

p0171

You're rear bank is running lean.

o2 sensors read richer as they age, however when they age & read lean the heater portion may have began to fail, or it's go build-up on the o2 sensor, insulating it. Temperature can make a 33-50% chance in sensor output. If it's not up to temperature completely, it'll read leaner than normal.

(If you haven't figured it out yet. Toyota EFI for engines with multiple banks have their fueling tuned for each bank. Fuel wise, it's two completely different engines. Spark wise it's the same engine.)

Replacing the o2 sensor is the right call, because anything else giving you a lean burn will affect both banks to some extent.

When I used carb cleaner on my UZI, it left an oily residue.

use gun scrubber

Yeah, I switched. Someone had said carb cleaner was good, and cheap. After that experience, I went back to Gun Scrubber.

Yup it works! I only use it on my S&W 500 on the cylinder along with my 44, The rest is the normal cleaner. You have to be careful with it since it cleans all the lubes off too.

• 2 weeks later...

mayn after a long time.. it was diagnosed as a injector malfunction.. not electrically but it was all dirty they are going to to a cleaning on it for like 130... if the cil is still on they said they would have to pull them out and clean them what you think?

mayn after a long time.. it was diagnosed as a injector malfunction.. not electrically but it was all dirty they are going to to a cleaning on it for like 130... if the cil is still on they said they would have to pull them out and clean them what you think?

I would start running a gas add in your car. I used Amsoil PI for a long time. Now switch to FP60....FP60 is cheaper and does more.

I'm with him.

Dealer/mechanic injector cleaning services are a huge rip-off. 90% of the time they do it, that's not the problem anyway.

dang man.. i had injectors cleaned today.. all cleaned up good cylinder3 was misfiring still they looked down with flash light some kind of rodent chewed thru some wires for that injector so now they have to take the plenum off and see wut kinda damage... jeeez one prb afteranother...