Motor Oil

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Engine Oil for Lexus ES 300 ...

its having 143K miles on it and I just came to know that the Lexus Dealer used Kendall V10W30 for my car and I would like to continue the same ... where can I buy it I checked kragen and I did not find it ... does anyone know from where can I buy it ?

Also, What is MOC Fuel Additive for 1) Engine and 2) Transmission where can I buy this too ?

Please do let me know from which shop can I buy these products ?

Thank you in advance ...

Ravi Mahendrakar

I would go with a good synthetic 5W-30 if you drive in a cool environment or 10W-30 if you are in temps typically above 100 deg. F. But check your owner's manual for recommendation.

As you have high mileage, and if engine is using oil, you may want to try the formulation designed for high mileage vehicles.

I get my oil at Wal-Mart. They carry good variety of the better oils at a great price.

If you're changing the filter, I would definitely go with the OEM Toyota filter for the ES300. Why? Trust me, you'll find out the very first time you change the filter.

Hope this helps.

You do want to be careful introducing a synthetic in an engine with cuch high mileage, it may cause leaks as it doesn't clot like dino oil, so any leaks currently plugged will punch through.

i have a full synthetic Kendall 10W-30 motor oil done by Firestone. my mom bought some mastercare plan thing for pretty cheap, so i get full inspection and everything for free. i only have to pay $20 to upgrade from dino oil to synthetic oil. pretty good though... 110K miles and synthetic runs fine without leaks.

Eh, you'd be surprised. I've seen many a Lexus with oil leaks that just come around with age. A quick machine of the bond surface and a fresh gasket, no problem. Still something to think about though.

Since its always had synthetic (I misread) don't worry about it.

if it allways had synthetic oil then your fine.as for refined modern Japanese motors it dont matter how well built the motor is because if its allways had regular oil(non synthetic) then you can open up a can of worms by putting in synthetic.gaskets dont care how good the motors built!if they want to start leaking they will and they do!i seen a coulple lexus's with oil leaks before i bought my es.