How Much For A Lexus Gs400?

I've recently decided to sell my 1999 GS400. It has 76,000 miles, and is in good condition. (Actually, I'd call it great condition, but it's hard to say that with stone chips in the paint and other things that go along with a seven year old car. . .).

Anyway, I tried to trade it in for a new Lexus, and the dealer told me he'd only give me 10,500 for it, even though he agreed it's in great shape. He said that's what they'd pay for it at an auction.

I've seen nothing to substantiate this low price. Can anyone else give me their $0.02?

If you have the time and patience, I would suggest you post it in your local paper for a reasonable price. From my experience, these cars sell very quickly, especially if it's in good/great condition. You will save yourself a couple thousand $$.

I'm actually looking for a GS (just posted a topic after yours about a GS400) and I'd be willing to give you a bit more than $10.5k cash. Let me know if you're interested (I would e-mail, but I think only Gold members can do that).

[sorry in advance if this message violates any forum rules]

they are trying to hose you. even trade in is about $12600. I'd put it in the paper for $14k.

In Dallas GS400 are very hard to find especially in black. I just bought an 84,000 mile one in immaculate condition for $16,900, it already had the 90,000 mile service done, brand new tires, new ball joints, redone suspension at 60,000 miles, borla exhaust, and aftermarket xenon lights.

It also has some rock chips. I think you should be able to sell it on ebay with a no reserve auction for a few thousand more than 12k, but maybe I overpaid.

Black GS400's last about 2 weeks at most in the Dallas market.