After Market Cd Changer

kdawglex04

hi i have a 98 lexus es 300 and it has no cd changer and i called car toys this morning and asked if i was able to use a after market cd changer with stock head unit he said they might make an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit... he found one. he said it is called a toyota pioneer something will this work for me i have a after market pioneer cd changer the guy said all i need is that adapter/

is that the right adapter?

please help

kevin

hi i have a 98 lexus es 300 and it has no cd changer and i called car toys this morning and asked if i was able to use a after market cd changer with stock head unit he said they might make an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit... he found one. he said it is called a toyota pioneer something will this work for me i have a after market pioneer cd changer the guy said all i need is that adapter/

is that the right adapter?

please help

kevin

Don't know if you've already made your choice, but CD changers are quickly becoming antiquated. With iPod hookups interfacing into nearly any type of stereo system, it is far more convenient and economical.

Don't know if you've already made your choice, but CD changers are quickly becoming antiquated. With iPod hookups interfacing into nearly any type of stereo system, it is far more convenient and economical.

No kidding! My husband and I were looking into an ipod for an upcoming birthday in the family. Discovered the smallest ipod at $99.00 can be used in my Lexus!

Of course, you need the adapter at $50.00 but it is upgradable in the future or removeable if you sell the car. The last time I was offered a factory CD changer, it was offered at $200.00 and it was used. Since it only holds 6 CD's before you have to go into the trunk to change to new ones (no biggie really) and the ipod holds about 12 hours of music, the ipod looks pretty good. Plus, you can use it anywhere.

rosie

I've been looking at the CD vs. ipod thing myself. The problem I have is I don't have 1/100 of the music I want. I'm not buying CD's and I'm not paying .99 to down load. Don't have many friends that have similar tastes so my solution is to go to satallite radio. SIRUS to be exact. You should check it out. Geo

I've been looking at the CD vs. ipod thing myself.  The problem I have is I don't have 1/100 of the music I want.  I'm not buying CD's and I'm not paying .99 to down load.  Don't have many friends that have similar tastes so my solution is to go to satallite radio.  SIRUS to be exact.  You should check it out.  Geo

Free music = limewire.com, Just a thought, Have been doing it for years.

http://limewire.com/