Strange Sounds Coming From Dash

talmoore

Hi Everybody,

I am a brand new Lexus owner and am new to this forum. I just purchased a 2006 RX330. I LOVE my new car but have a few questions about some things I've noticed:

When I start my car in the morning, I notice sounds coming from the dash, seems like they are coming from behind the tachometer/speedometer gauges somewhere. The sounds are like gears turning or adjusting. It seems like the sounds are only there when I go from idle to about 2 to 4 miles per hour, then they go away. The sounds are there when the car is warmed up as well but they seem a bit louder and more frequent when the car is cold. The sounds are by no means terribly loud. When the Auto fan comes on, the blowing of the air easily drowns out the sounds. I just want to make sure that these sounds are normal and was wondering what the heck they are. Have other RX330 owners noticed these sounds?

One other issue I am having is with the auto opening/closing rear door. On cold days, when I press my key button to auto-open the rear door, it opens but as soon as it reaches the top, it beeps and comes right back down. I called my dealership and they said it was a problem with the hydraulic arms, something about a bad batch of arms produced by Lexus that have been recalled. They ordered a new set and I am waiting for them to arrive. I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem and what they did to fix it. Sometimes you cant trust what the dealers have to say!

[Cold weather has returned & so has our dash noise. Seems louder this winter then the last 2. Thank God less then 1 year to go on our lease.

Have the 2006's this problem? If so, it looks like this may be our 1st & last RX.

:censored:

Understandably you are new to these forums, You need to learn how to use the search function on these forums it is your best tool, Search and read, read, read, I found the solution to your problem on my first try, Here it is:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=21392&hl=

Welcome to the club :cheers:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php