How To Take Out The Cluster For 93gs300?

Please let me know if you had any luck with this cause I'm having a hard time with the key switch panel on mine. The only way it looks like the cluster can come out is straightforward, but the top part of the cluster is up behind part of the dash and I'm scared to pry on it too much cause I don't want to damage/tear the dash or cluster...thanks in advance :D

The only way it looks like the cluster can come out is straightforward, but the top part of the cluster is up behind part of the dash and I'm scared to pry on it too much cause I don't want to damage/tear the dash or cluster...thanks in advance  :D

Yes, you must carefully pry with a butter knife or push the lip of the cluster down. You won't tear or damage anything if you insert the knife about an inch or 2 in as the vinyl is only on the lip.:D

I got it done last night. I'll thank "TurboGS300" first, then show U step by step by picture.

Pic. A and Pic. B show U where do you put your flat screwdriver without damege the parts. Because there are two slots there for you to insert your screw driver, refer to pic C. then I did what he said and I'm done. Pic. D show u where are the 4 screws to hold the meter. :cheers:

Good luck!

Sorry, the pic is 460K. I can't upload it. If u need, tell me ur E-mail. I 'll sent U via e-mail.

I would most definitely be interested in your pics...I'm planning on tackling this project on my GS later this afternoon. Also, did you have to go to the dealer to buy the bulbs for the dash? Thanks in advance... :)

My email is turbodreams2004@hotmail.com

James

I would like the pictures also, I've had a couple bulbs out behind the instrument cluster that have been driving me nuts. I tried to pull out the cluster a few weeks ago......when I had it out most of the way, I realized I'd need to force it out, decided I'd had a few too many that night and didn't want to screw something up bad so put it back in. Please email pics to mjh_sdh@netzero.net

Thanks! Mike

I send Pic. and instructions to mjh_sdh@netzero.net and to twin turbo

If U wand to reach the light bulbs just

A. turn it over, remove back cover by unscrewing 6 screws.

B. Until now, you will see a circle board and you can reach 2/3 of the bulbs.

C. There are still some bulbs under the circle board. There are 6 holding screws in the middle and 5 connecting bolts on each side. (Sorry, I already put it back without taking pic. at back.)

D. You have to disconnect a small 8 wire comb cable on your left bottom.

E. Flip up the circle board (not remove because there are more connecting cables on your top side.

F. Now you can reach all the bulbs or other parts and do whatever U want!

G. To remove bulb, you just turn the bulb base count clockwise for 45, then pull out the base. Now you can pull out the bulb from the base.

H. There are 3 kinds of bulb base, same size but different color. Black for indicator light (ABS, Check Engine, etc.), Blue for meter background light. Light bulb is different. You take bulb out, go to AutoZone, You will get one. I get one pack for $3 from Canadian Tire.

I. Installation is easy, 5 mins.

J. There are 3 cables connecting the meter at back. You have to press the tab down ( one tab for each connector) to pull out the male connector.

Hey James or TurboGS300, I can't figure out how to actually PULL the cluster out of the dash. I unscrewed the 4 screws holding it in and I inserted the butter knife on top. What did you guys use when you did it cause I'm having a hard time finding a place to grab ahold of it...is there a special tool I need? Thanks again and I did receive your email James...THANK YOU!!! :D

Okay, I just got the cluster out of my dash this morning and I was removing the 3 male connectors from the back...I got the 2 gray ones on the each side out easy but the orange (bigger) connector in the middle just doesn't seem to want to come out at all. I don't want to pull too hard and break it but I'm just getting very frustrated with it. When you guys did this did you have any trouble or is there a certain tool I need to use to push the tab all the way down...PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Okay, I just got the cluster out of my dash this morning and I was removing the 3 male connectors from the back...I got the 2 gray ones on the each side out easy but the orange (bigger) connector in the middle just doesn't seem to want to come out at all.  I don't want to pull too hard and break it but I'm just getting very frustrated with it.  When you guys did this did you have any trouble or is there a certain tool I need to use to push the tab all the way down...PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Push the harness back in fully, press the clip down to release it and pull it out. <_<

Ok thanks...it finally came loose. Now I called the Lexus dealer just to check and see how much the bulbs would be and he told me that he could only sell me the bulbs WITH the base and it would be around $8 dollars each, so I'm obviously not doing that. What I'm wondering is can I buy these bulbs at O'Reilly's or Autozone? If so, what size are they? Thanks again...

Ok thanks...it finally came loose.  Now I called the Lexus dealer just to check and see how much the bulbs would be and he told me that he could only sell me the bulbs WITH the base and it would be around $8 dollars each, so I'm obviously not doing that.  What I'm wondering is can I buy these bulbs at O'Reilly's or Autozone?  If so, what size are they?  Thanks again...

Yes, Autozone should have them take them in and match them up. <_<

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I got it done last night. I'll thank "TurboGS300" first, then show U step by step by picture.

Pic. A and Pic. B show U where do you put your flat screwdriver without damege the parts. Because there are two slots there for you to insert your screw driver, refer to pic C. then I did what he said and I'm done. Pic. D show u where are the 4 screws to hold the meter.:cheers:

Good luck!

Sorry, the pic is 460K. I can't upload it. If u need, tell me ur E-mail. I 'll sent U via e-mail.

Hi James,

Can you send me the pics you shared on this forum when you disassembled your GS300 instrument cluster? I want to dismantle mine and change the bulbs. owaisms@yahoo.com

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Well, James, I realize this thread is getting some age on it, but I am about to tackle a GS300 cluster removal and your pics would be a great help, if you're still around. Thank you for your help.

atty@gate.net