What Year?

greekgod

im thinking of buying a used lexus es model i have 3 options 98 with 130km 99 145km and 00 with 135km. Im getting priced around the 14-16k mark they all have pretty much the same kilometers but i would like to have some feeback from some lexus owners on those specific years. Is there any problems with any of the models

main questions

which has been in an accident or checked for structural repair?

have you have them checked by a competent technician?

where have they been service?

Mileage is nothing in a well maintained car otherwise it could be a real problem without knowing the rest of data.

My Mechanic is selling the 98/99 models and has records from lexus dealership the 00 model is from another mechanic. I read the reviews on the ES forum you posted but jsut wanted to know first hand if anyone had these models and if htye had any problems..

main questions

which has been in an accident or checked for structural repair?

have you have them checked by a competent technician?

where have they been service?

Mileage is nothing in a well maintained car otherwise it could be a real problem without knowing the rest of data.

I agree with SK.....get the best condition, newest & best maintained ES you can find & afford. Like sk said, mileage is nothing as long as the car was properly maintained & driven. B)

Where abouts in Toronto are you greek? :)

:cheers:

Ive heard to go with the VVT-i models.  2000+ ES's I think.

Actually it's the 1999 ES that started with the VVT-i (variable valve timing w/ intelligence) engine and transmission. However, the 2000 ES came about with a minor refresh of their exterior (new front bumper, fog lights, grille, cleared tailights, different badge location) and interior (new wood trim on the stereo, new optional seat heater switches). Other than that, the body style is just like that from the '97-'99 ES :)