New 2006 Lexus Is350

Hi,

I just got my Black on Black IS 350 Thursday...I agree with you..I LOVE IT.

Not only does it look outstanding it has more than enough power. I cant stop going out to my garage and looking at it. I also have a Toyota 4runner (110k) and have only changed the oil in it...i hope I have the same luck with my Lexus.

It drives better then any car i have ever had and everyone looks at it. I had a guy with an IS 300 park next to me...I could tell from his looks he felt small hehe....Well, the 350 looks 100% better than the 300....

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the performance, style, comfert, and all around image of the IS 350 is great. I am very glad I got this over the BMW 330 Covert.

Anyone that drives or buys the IS 350 will like it more than the BMW. I did test both before I decided on the lexus.

Hi,

I just got my Black on Black IS 350 Thursday...I agree with you..I LOVE IT.

Not only does it look outstanding it has more than enough power.  I cant stop going out to my garage and looking at it.  I also have a Toyota 4runner (110k) and have only changed the oil in it...i hope I have the same luck with my Lexus.

It drives better then any car i have ever had and everyone looks at it. I had a guy with an IS 300 park next to me...I could tell from his looks he felt small hehe....Well, the 350 looks 100% better than the 300....

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the performance, style, comfert, and all around image of the IS 350 is great.  I am very glad I got this over the BMW 330 Covert. 

Anyone that drives or buys the IS 350 will like it more than the BMW.  I did test both before I decided on the lexus.

actually alot of people have tested the IS350 and the 330 and the way i have seen it , its almost a tie.. some say lexus has more power so they bought it others say bmw has more better driving dynamics...... anyways www.caranddriver.com rated bmw #1... but did said lexus did a major improvement on the IS..... as for the rest of you .. u might want to hold on to the dicision on a new car cause rumors have it that a BMW 335i (turbo optional) is commmiong out end of summer of 06 which i am not surpised......

P.S. i try not to be biased... i have owned both BMW and Lexus....both very good grands...

I had the chance to test drive them thouroughly on the race course. The IS one hands down. In any kind of high speed maneuvering the BMW had to much squat where you it seemd like it sat down too much and coming out of the turn you had to wait for it to come up. The IS showed none of that. It plowed through it like there was no turns. The VDIM system is awesome as well. I drove a s GS 430 with it last winter and it felt like it was AWD. Add in the reliability and servicing factors and I think Lexus wins everytime.

I just bought an IS350 fully loaded. Test drove the 330 also. There is no comparison. The IS350 and the 330 are a different class of cars. Raced my buddies 330 on a course and beat him with ease plus I've got all the wonderful options he could only dream of.

anyone drive a 350 yet in snow? Been wanting a 350 but saw it was RWD only and I don't want a 200hp is 250 AWD car ;)

The 250 has an AWD model.

Don't disregard RWD cars in the snow. When you take the traction control, abs and all the other high tech goodies these cars come with and couple that to a set of four decent snow tires, the RWD cars hold there own in the snow.

However, the added security of AWD does make my heart skip a beat too.

steviej

Let me show you the road I take to work :o

If I am going to buy a RWD car, I will go buy the SC430 then :D

anyone drive a 350 yet in snow? Been wanting a 350 but saw it was RWD only and I don't want a 200hp is 250 AWD car ;)

The 250 has an AWD model.

Don't disregard RWD cars in the snow. When you take the traction control, abs and all the other high tech goodies these cars come with and couple that to a set of four decent snow tires, the RWD cars hold there own in the snow.

However, the added security of AWD does make my heart skip a beat too.

steviej

ok so yesterday, i got a brand new 2006 IS350. Its new and i freakin luv it. haha soo just wondering if ne1 can giv me a heads up on it and tell me anything that i need 2 no bout my car. i hav navi 2. can that play dvd? thanks :cheers:

:cheers: i'm glad to see you can afford one with the way you talk...

only thing i regret is getting one without the nav system, however now i'm going to be looking into putting in my own carputer...

do please post some pictures!

I just bought my IS350 Black On Black...I love it so much, im 15 so this is my first car and Im sure i will love it even more when i get my license...any way...ill try and get some pics up later

Welcome to the club, Chuckles. Yeah, post up some pics. Hope you get your permit soon.

I am not sure what it does, but I did notice a "Snow" switch in my IS350, although its RWD....

"The person asking about driving in the snow" you might want to look into that and see exactly what it does..I could go get my manual, but...haha..not much snow in south texas!

So, just an option for you if you dont want the IS250 AWD..

later..

I am not sure what it does, but I did notice a "Snow" switch in my IS350, although its RWD....

"The person asking about driving in the snow"  you might want to look into that and see exactly what it does..I could go get my manual, but...haha..not much snow in south texas!

So, just an option for you if you dont want the IS250 AWD..

later..

Yeah, I test drive in 2 weeks and it is just snowing non stop here in PA. Will be anxious to see how it handles. Also, I am going to guess that the snow switch will let you spin your tires if you are 'stuck' in some snow.

The trac off button will let you spin your wheels. The snow button reduces engine power to help prevent wheel spin when accelerating.

Most people in snowy areas use either good all season tires or dedicated snow tires. The cars do ok with that setup.

We just picked up our IS350 night before last. It's a little small for me, and has no back seat to speak of when the front seat is adjusted for me, but man is this thing a hoot to drive! I still love my LS, but the IS is one great car, and I predict, a real "3 Series" threat.

:D

We just picked up our IS350 night before last.  It's a little small for me, and has no back seat to speak of when the front seat is adjusted for me, but man is this thing a hoot to drive!  I still love my LS, but the IS is one great car, and I predict, a real "3 Series" threat.

Is the ISbody style different in the all wheel drive as to the rear wheel drive? And is it alot smaller than the ES330?

I just bought my IS350 Black On Black...I love it so much, im 15 so this is my first car and Im sure i will love it even more when i get my license...any way...ill try and get some pics up later

Holy smoke you can drive at 15 in Ohio?! Is there graduated driving there as in Canada as well or once you have your permit that's it?

Lexus IS350 no doubt is a great car but ARRGGGG the paddle shifters are lame. Should have made manual IS350 instead of the shifters or at least come up with something like the SMG tranny from BMW=p as far as the BMW vs Lexus goes, id wait for the BMW 335CI (Option turbo perhaps!) and the new two door lexus IS (concept models should be comming in the detriot show) comming out then make your decision if u are going to buy one of these cars (reason why im holding off til September). And a note to lexus, NO, it is not a comparison to M3 =(

We just picked up our IS350 night before last.  It's a little small for me, and has no back seat to speak of when the front seat is adjusted for me, but man is this thing a hoot to drive!  I still love my LS, but the IS is one great car, and I predict, a real "3 Series" threat.

Is the ISbody style different in the all wheel drive as to the rear wheel drive? And is it alot smaller than the ES330?

Yes the IS350 is significantly notable to be shorter in the backseats but its ok, a loaded IS350 vs fully loaded ES330 (which i have), the IS350 wins when it comes to sitting on the passenger/driver side.

IS350 has summer tires so dont expect great handling in snow. Im picking my IS350 next week and im looking into winter tires on 17 inch rims. Chicagos winters are really unpredictable.

regards, Bart.

Have I got a story for you!!! Today I woke up in Concord, MA to an inch of wet snow and temps just below freezing. Since it was an early Sunday morning with no traffic, I thought I try out my brand new IS350 with 18" wheel sport package and see if it can handle this amount of snow on original equip. (I'm waiting for proper 17" wheels to arrive in the States so I can mount some winter tires). About 400 yds from my driveway I encountered 2 beautiful deer standing in the road just around a slight downhill bend. I was at 15mph in 3gear, manual drive, reg trans mode and simply couldn't stop. The car skidded sideways and with VDIM and antilock brakes chiming like Big Ben, I luckily slid to a stop in the driveway on my right about 5 ft from the trees and fence along its left side. The car wouldn't turn at all it was like driving a sled. Granted the conditions were perfect (black ice under the wet snow) but this is really dangerous. I've had three GS's including a 430 with winter tires and it outperforms my Explorer in 6 inches or less no contest. This new and magnificent machine is a wonder but don't ever go in snow without snow tires. AAA towed me to my home and out came the Explorer.