Larger Wheels For Ls 400

MarkLS400

Hello,

My '92 LS 400 with 78K has the original chrome plated 15 inch wheels. The plating is worn in places so I will be replacing them. The OEM 15 inch wheels seem rather small by today's standards so I am interested in 17 inch wheels for replacements.

Does anyone have information on how to select larger wheels and tires so there will not be wheel well clearance problems?

Do larger wheels adversely affect handling?

What about errors with the speedometer if larger wheels are used?

Has anyone purchased a wheel/tire set on-line?

Thanks for your help.

Mark Stephen

UPDATE: I purchased new 16 inch OEM 2003 LS430 chrome plated wheels, with gold center caps. Paid $675 off eBay. I added Kumho 225 60R 16 W Speed tires from Tire Rack. Overall I am very pleased with the improved appearance and performance.

When you replace your wheels , I would be interested in getting at least two of the 15" crome ones you take from your car.... I have two that are in bad shape. Can not afford a complete upgrade from15 to 16 or 17"...Let me know. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

you will have to lower the car for 19 inchers, otherwise it will look stupid being too high from the ground. ive seen one of those "lowriders" here. looks funny and ridiculous. but once u lower it, you will sacrifise mostly all benefits of the Ls suspension