Changing Tranny Mount - Tranny Support Points

92LS4008888

I am planning to change my tranny mount.  Where would be a good place to jack up the transmisson, so that i can remove the mount.  Can I just put a piece of wood and jack it up by the tranny oil pan?

Thanks

I don't see why that wouldn't work, I did that to my 93 ES and worked. Although a little different , Same principal. Maybe a expert will chime in with specifics.

its ok to place a 2 x 4 across the tranny pan and slowly raise it with a jack preferablly a scissor jack so you can control it, thats what i did less than 30 mins to change it, youll see a big difference, maybe next is your engine mount,:cheers:

Hello: HOw expensive are those two mounts? I have read a lot about them, seems endemic after some years of driving pleasure!

C. PR

$30 +/- bucks or so. Takes 2 bolts...no sweat at all. check out www.parts.com and drill down to Lexus. You'll find them.

engine or motor mounts is like 100 bucks or so, a considerable amount of time is needed for this to be installed but the easy way is to drop the steering gear and the motor mount is very accessible, for the tranny mount its very easy costs like 30 bucks or so,

yeah, ditto. I was talkng tranny only. engine mount DIY is out of my ability.

engine or motor mounts is like 100 bucks or so, a considerable amount of time is needed for this to be installed but the easy way is to drop the steering gear and the motor mount is very accessible, for the tranny mount its very easy costs like 30  bucks or so,