Mechanic Won't Acknowledge Noise!

2001owner

There's one more annoying sound to fix on my beautiful LS430, and then I love it. When you slowly depress the break pedal (like when when you're approaching a stop sign), it makes this creaking noise like a deck of cards being shuffled. The mechanic said this was normal, but the loaner I drove didn't do it, and no else's break pedal makes this kind of noise.

Can I fix this myself? Does this just need a spray of WD40 underneath the pedal mechanism?

Or how do I convince the mechanic to fix this? I can hear it every time I break. I think it should be slient.

Thanks in advance..

Courtney

There's one more annoying sound to fix on my beautiful LS430, and then I love it.  When you slowly depress the break pedal (like when when you're approaching a stop sign), it makes this creaking noise like a deck of cards being shuffled.    The mechanic said this was normal, but the loaner I drove didn't do it, and no else's break pedal makes this kind of noise.

Can I fix this myself?  Does this just need a spray of WD40 underneath the pedal mechanism?

Or how do I convince the mechanic to fix this?  I can hear it every time I break.  I think it should be slient.

Thanks in advance..

Courtney

Take it to a different mechanic and explain that you want this fixed, PERIOD. Good Luck

sounds like rotor or brake pads or both...aftermarket probably. How many miles on the car?

Hi Courtney,

You are right, this isn't normal at all. I had a similar issue with my '92 LS400. It ended up being the front brake shims. The Lexus dealer was clueless until I demanded the shop Foreman work on it. He quickly diagnosed the problem as the brake pads moving around when you hit the brakes. The mechanic ended up putting on a "fit kit" on the front brakes.

Does it make a "clunk" noise when you are slowing down? If that is the noise, then have them look at the solution I outlined above. You will be surprised how Lexus mechanics vary in quality. I nearly sued my Lexus dealer for replacing $3000 in parts when the problem was simply the brake shims. It has been a very disappointing experience for me. Lexus dealer or not, this is still the "Car" business and you have to look out for them trying to take advantage of you!

Seeing as your car is a CPO I would call the Service Manager and tell them your concerns are not being met. You are a Lexus owner and should be getting service that is second to none. I know it sounds a little arrogant on my part, but that is what you pay for!!! You shouldn't have to convince anyone to take you seriously!!! Also, your CPO warranty will be honored at any Lexus dealer so you can take it to another dealer if you think they are being difficult.

I hope this helps,

Sam

There's one more annoying sound to fix on my beautiful LS430, and then I love it.  When you slowly depress the break pedal (like when when you're approaching a stop sign), it makes this creaking noise like a deck of cards being shuffled.    The mechanic said this was normal, but the loaner I drove didn't do it, and no else's break pedal makes this kind of noise.

Can I fix this myself?  Does this just need a spray of WD40 underneath the pedal mechanism?

Or how do I convince the mechanic to fix this?  I can hear it every time I break.  I think it should be slient.

Thanks in advance..

Courtney

Not Uncommon, Just had one myself. Lexus service is topnotch, including their prices. It's like checking into a 4 star Hotel. You are seated in an office and offered Coffee or cokes etc. Then given the keys for an A1 Loaner. It all comes with a price but no other service like it. Does not matter the year of your LS. They pull up your car's history and you have the options,Spend or Bend, If you know what I mean. First class operation but what you would expect from Lexus. They are truely a first class operation, geared toward the well heeled. The only upside is peace of mind as they will stand behind all service, as a rule since it all goes into a Lexus database. Not to say there aren't some shams around. But they are VERY thorough. If you are on a budget then this forum is the right place. We offer first class help but no loaners. Sorry.!!!! :cheers: Happy Halloween every one.