Hurricane Rita

RFeldes

Hi guys,

Well I just got my phoneline back last night. We evacuated to Shreveport and spent three weeks there. I came back to Lake Charles three times and could not believe the destruction. I got lucky, as there was only one tree on my back porch. Other than that all is okay. The Lexus was flawless during the trips and really brought a comfort zone during the heart break. Thanks to you guys that showed concern and I hope this season winds down soon and quits disrupting so many people's lives.

Good to know...we've had quite enough storms for the year!! Let's hope this last one is, well, the last one...thanks for the update...

Hi guys,

Well I just got my phoneline back last night. We evacuated to Shreveport and spent three weeks there. I came back to Lake Charles three times and could not believe the destruction. I got lucky, as there was only one tree on my back porch. Other than that all is okay. The Lexus was flawless during the trips and really brought a comfort zone during the heart break. Thanks to you guys that showed concern and I hope this season winds down soon and quits disrupting so many people's lives.

Rf, good to see you back up Bubba! Man, LA has had enough storms for the next 20 years. I didn't know where Lake Charles was until I saw it on the weather map with the eye wall on top of it. Offer still stands to you and Blake...Free Carolina' BB-Q if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods. We can swap "eye-wall" stories.

It's wonderful to see you back Ralph!! I'm glad your house is ok! I wish I would of known that you were in Shreveport...I'm right down the road in Ruston.

Robert, I'll take you up on that offer one of these days! :cheers:

:cheers: Any time my friends...any time B)

I was talking with some friends over the weekend, wondering how we escaped this hurricane season untouched. NC is usually in the gunsites too. Glad to hear Marti Gras is still on! Although I'm not sure if the "Hurricane" will be a very popular drink this year. I'm thinking more like a "gentle breeze" would be a better name.

Thank you so much. It is nice to be back with you guys and your support. Robert, I Love BBQ and am well known for my pulled Pork. So anytime you come my way, and that goes for all of you, we will throw some coals on. As far as Robert's NC BBQ, I will definately look you up sometime soon, as pulled pork is your State's specialty.Hopefully, we will all take a respite and chat. The best way to get life back to normal is BBQ smoke, a cold beer and friends. Maybe Blake and I and anyone else interested can set a date this spring and meet for a blowout NC BBQ. I know Blake feels the same way, these friggin Hurricanes are mother natures way of cleaning house, but it is such a HOOVER we don't want to be in her pathway again. If you ever pull out your vacuum cleaner and you have pets, they scatter. Now we know why. Awesome power. 8 hours of 80 MPH winds and one hour of 120 to 135 MPH winds. 80% of us evacuated and 20% stayed and they paid the price. Everything south of Lake Charles is Gone. God Bless you guys in Florida too. If this is a wake up call..........where do I enlist. 8 years Navy subs. All who stayed here that I have talked to said "Never Again". I am sorry if I seem to expound on this, but wish to say that FEMA and the Red Cross came through magnificintaly as well as the State of Louisiana and they are still here cleaning it all up. If you ever face a category 2 or higher, get out, and you will forever be amazed at our country's resources to get you back on your feet. Go Mardis Gras and Go New Orleans, the tough guys.

Ralph

You know, I was just thinking the same. But, I'm booked up in April due to my wedding on the 29th....and 2 weeks in FIJI for my honeymoon. I'm going to do nothing but sit in the sun, drink beer and.... :whistles: ;) I've also got a monster exam for a professional designation I'm going after in March. I'm looking at a 10 hour exam that has required 2 years of studying to complete. If we can do it around those two items, then I'm in. Mmmmmm....BB-Q!! It's only 9:30 in the morning here, and all I can think about is BB-Q and beer. I think that's one of the warning signs when you're thirsty for beer at 9:30 in the morning.