What Do I Do!

just purchased my second ES300 from a dealer here in Dallas. I was not aware of any problems with shifting or hesitation before my purchase. My new car is terrible at hesitating, finding gears and shifting. It is an 03 and made in April.

1: What can I do? the car isn't 45 days old!!!

2: What have they done with all the other poor soles who don't realize that the car is not supposed to do that?

3: What methods of recourse are available to me.

After describing the problem they we quick to point out that it probably was bad gas. (I guess they didn't realize the gas came from the dealer pumps) I am overall dissatisfied with my purchase.

i dont't own a new one but have heard about the funny tranny thing

stevie j would be more on this topic

as he has one

i think there is another post regarding this same problem throw a search in for it

i think lexus was looking for a fix

and would buy the car back

give 2000 to wait for a fix

or something else

check the otehr posts though to be more helpful

can you elaborate on the type of hesitation and shifting you're talking about? I have an 03, but I haven't really noticed some hesitation in shifting and trying to find gears, but maybe I'm just not completely sure of what you're referring to... :(

hang tight and change the way you accelerate.

copied from my post on CL.

register you complaint with 1-800-25-LEXUS, your service manager and the NTSHB (if can be a safety issue).

When you drive the car, just don't punch it. It will actually accelerate very quickly if you go half to 3/4 throttle.

Lexus is supposedly working on it. There is a fix for the Canadian version ES. If you do a search on 02 Transmissions and 03 Transmissions you will see several threads.

The problem seems to have become more apparent in the ES with the advent of the 5 speed tranny that made its debut in the 02 model.

not to be snide....but....get in line.

Other than that, it is a totally awesome car.

steviej

Agree with what Steve posted above. I've never really had any hesitation problems on mine, but I tend to drive the way that Steve suggests anyways.

If you absolutely can't stand it, and can't adapt you're driving style, then the thing to do is drive it in "4" instead of "d". You'll get lower gas mileage, but the problem will be gone.

• 2 weeks later...