Foam Around Radiator

nc211

I just finished cleaning out the air filter and the leaves at the bottom of the radiator. Question: The foam insulation on the top of the radiator "black, maybe 1/4 inch thick" that covers the top of it is all rotton and torn away. Is this stuff important enough to fix it?

I also sprayed some prestone belt dressing on the serpentine belt....quieted that down a lot!

Thanks SK. So it's not really a pressing issue to replace it at current time. It's been gone for quite some time, I had a lot of junk in between the two radiators.

"I also sprayed some prestone belt dressing on the serpentine belt....quieted that down a lot! "

I hope that :censored: works better for you then it did for me. I put it on my truck to stop a noisy belt. That did the belt in. Found out the hard way. Never put that stuff on a sepentine belt!

In fact Prestone states it on the product... Sort of... Can I had , had no warning about it, but I saw a small packet of it later in the store that did warn not to use it.....

Cost me about 70.00!!! And Preston acting kind of :censored: over the thing. They admited I should not have used it, but only offered to refund cost of the product.