Navigation Computer Connectors

ahmadaea

Hi all,

My car is RX300 2002 and I'm trying to change my navigation computer with 4th generation computer.

I removed my computer and put the new one (the new one was bought from salvage yard and taken from LS430 - part number is 84861-50090). The problem i'm facing that screen goes blank and nothing works when connecting the new computer. Could it be that the new computer needs more connections than the old one.

Attached is picture of the new computer and the connections I made. The green boxes shows the empty places which I'm asking about. Does anybody know what my problem could be? The guy i bought this from assured that it works fine.

Thanks for looking and appreciate any tip.

Ahmad

post-8665-1130178535_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

My car is RX300 2002 and I'm trying to change my navigation computer with 4th generation computer.

I removed my computer and put the new one (the new one was bought from salvage yard and taken from LS430 - part number is 84861-50090). The problem i'm facing that screen goes blank and nothing works when connecting the new computer. Could it be that the new computer needs more connections than the old one.

Attached is picture of the new computer and the connections I made. The green boxes shows the empty places which I'm asking about. Does anybody know what my problem could be? The guy i bought this from assured that it works fine.

Thanks for looking and appreciate any tip.

Ahmad

Why would you want to switch computers?

My car is american car and I'm now back to my home country. In my counrty navigation systems became available starting from 2004 (4th generation).

I was told that the maps of the 4th generation will not work on my old computer. So i'm trying to put new computer so i could use my country's map.

Thanks for your reply,

If you don't get a better answer here is what I would suggest. Go to http://www.techinfo.lexus.com/, pay $10 for a one day subscription, download the wiring diagrams of the nav systems for both cars and then compare them. The diagrams will tell you exactly what each wire is and where it goes. All the diagrams are in Acrobat and you must download each page so it might take a while. I spent a rainy day downloading the entire manual for my 2004 RX330. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

Many thanks COZ.

I guess this the best answer I'll get. Someone told me about this website before but I couldn't find it. i'll go to it and will let you know the outcomes. I'll work on it end of next week and will let you know.

Many thanks again,

• 5 months later...

Sorry all about this delay...

It took me so long to find out that the computer I'm trying to install is defective :( I paid $700 for peice of junk.

I bought another one and put the plugs on. Worked immediately... but not with the my country dvd map. I checked with the local dealers but they don't have clue about it (as I said earlier the navigation was introduced less than 2 years ago). I'm afraid if I put the update dvd they have it will damage my computer.

Do you have any suggestion? Do you think I could replicate hte dvd and chang some file i would get any where?

My computer is 4th generation and the map inside it is 04.02

Thanks again,

Sorry all about this delay...

It took me so long to find out that the computer I'm trying to install is defective :( I paid $700 for peice of junk.

I bought another one and put the plugs on. Worked immediately... but not with the my country dvd map. I checked with the local dealers but they don't have clue about it (as I said earlier the navigation was introduced less than 2 years ago). I'm afraid if I put the update dvd they have it will damage my computer.

Do you have any suggestion? Do you think I could replicate hte dvd and chang some file i would get any where?

My computer is 4th generation and the map inside it is 04.02

Thanks again,

It seems to me that the 4.02 disk is usa only, You would have to get a disk from a lexus dealer in the country that YOU need. Does that make sense to you ?

Many thanks for your reply.

My system is american system. Now i'm in my home country and would like to use my navigation system. The problem is that in my country the navigation system was introduced firstly less than two years ago. So the dealer himself dosn't know much about the system.

I have the dvd of my country but it didn't work. I wanted to get an update dvd but wasn't sure this would work. Despite the two systems are 4th generation, i'm not sure that the update will fix the situation.

As you know the update dvd will cause the old dvd to become unusable and it might not work as well. So I couldn't risk putting the update dvd and as I said the regular dvd didn't work. The dealer is not sure alos and he won't gurantee any damage the dvd will cause :( (not to mention that the dvd is sold for $650 :censored:

I tried playing with the dvd files and interchange some form on to the other but I'm not successful yet.

Someone, also said that he've heared that dvd of lexus works like movies (i.e. works with region codes ;)

I don't know if this is correct and if it's how could I tell which code is my country dvd!!??

Thanks again for looking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm looking for a salvaged system for lexus, can you tell me where did you find yours ?

Thanks,

Hi and sorry for this very late reply. you could try ebay.com. A lot of systems are offered but don't buy directly. Keep watching the site for a month or two and you will get very good buy. I bought my 4th generation computer for $450 while it's sold as I write this posting for $1500 or so.

good luck