Rx300 Headlight Problem....please Help

Nesby

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!! :cries:

Hello,

My driver's side low-beam headlight is out.  I replaced the bulb and the fuse (even though not blown), but no luck.  Any ideas on what else this could be?  Thx for any help you can provide.

-Brian

I have a 1990 RX300 too, but I've never had problem with headlight. So I don't know how to help except to say that I'd trace the wires and check the voltage using a voltmeter.

I have a set of 1999 Lexus RX300 shop manual, so if you need any page/chapter I can take picture and send it to you.

Just tried to help. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
It turns out that when I turn the foglights on, both headlights light up!  But when I just turn the headlights on by themselves, the left one is out.  Does this make sense to anyone?

you sure its not the bulbs? i had a similar problem with my taillights. when i turned my lights on the left taillight wouldn't work. but when i stepped on the brake, both worked. i just changed the bulbs and it fixed everything. and if its not the bulbs or the fuse then it just might be the wires

Hello,

My driver's side low-beam headlight is out.  I replaced the bulb and the fuse (even though not blown), but no luck.  Any ideas on what else this could be?  Thx for any help you can provide.

-Brian

Might be one of the relays is not making good contact. I has something like your problem with the daylite driving lights. tapping on the several relays in the front near the radiator cleared it up and hasn't returned. At least it's cheep to try.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

My driver's side low-beam headlight is out. I replaced the bulb and the fuse (even though not blown), but no luck. Any ideas on what else this could be? Thx for any help you can provide.

-Brian

hey brain, im new here so bare with me. i have a 99 rx300 and i have aftermarket HID. BY phillips. one day the ballast went out and when i got a new one, installed it but everytime i turn on the headlight the fuse would keep poping. few days after try to work on it again the left side headlight wont work. there power going tot he wire but doesnt work any ideas?