Is This Normal !ls4

lextuned

Hello and good day, i have a 90 ls400 with 123k i purchased from a guy, the car hasnt been drivien for a year due to it ben in a very minor accident, anyhow i contacted the original owener and he said the car is flawness and he jsut spent 3k on the car in services and etc.. anyhow the car been sittin sicne oct04, well i bought it the thing is the car is sitting low on all 4 sides evenly but the car is sitting low and hasnt been started up since oct 04, now the dealer tells me jsut start the car up and the system will get back up. Is this true the dealer told me that the ls400 when they sit for a while they leak air. well i figure since the car is sitting evenly on all four sides that taht could be the prob i havent fired it up since, so help is aprreciated .

yeah im away from the car i havent touched it since just looked at it i dont have key yet but car hasnt been started for a year, just love that color combo the burgundy on burgundy and the fact its loaded with every possible option, heated, trac, naki, memory, air suspension, just loev the way itll look once i can get a hold of some facotry 98 chromes rims, anyhow thinkig ahead of myslef just wish for me the best that air sus is properly in place

All air suspension systems will drop to the ground after a few months of not being started.

The compressor will come on for a little first.

I would get a charged battery before turning the key and install it as the old one should be dead.

Then turn the key a few times before every starting the car to make sure the whole system is primed and ready to go.

I would only let the air suspensino raise so you coudl tow it home as i would not want to start a car that sat for such a long time with old oil.

That's a really good point.

If it were me I would drain the oil, change the filter, and refill the oil before I even started it the first time.

Then I would do it again after driving the car only long enough to get it up to proper temp for 15 minutes or so.

When you start the car the first time, I would do like SK says and actually disable the spark so that the car will not start. Crank the engine a few times to make sure everything is properly lubed up. Those cylinder walls and bearings will certainly be dry after all this time.

Tom