Hydraulic Fluids Exchange 3 Weeks Ago

prix

does this make any sense? that someone would recommend a brake fluid flush 3 weeks after i had a hydraulic fluid exchange done (this was done at the time the brakes were replaced). is flush different from hydraulic fluid exchange? thanks to anyone who knows.

the receipt states "brake fluid exchange". the cost was approx. $33. does not list amount of brake fluid used, although i could call tomorrow to find out. what is now being recommended (by another mechanic) is a "brake fluid flush" he says the brake fluid is dirty. ???

It depends on what they are calling a hydraulic fluid exchange.

They could have changed your transmission fluid or something.

How much did they charge you for that service and how much fluid did they say they used?

Tom

Prix, I agree with Sha. One question though, is this at the same place? Sha, man you got any other pictures of your car? Your tag looks sweeeeet! Good looking ride man!

Thanks all. The brake fluid was supposed to have been changed three weeks ago (and I have no reason to believe it was not). The brakes were replaced, and they told me that I also needed to replace the fluids which were v. dirty. It wasn't a big addition to the bill, and made perfect sense to me, so I said absolutely.

I am interested in taking care of some other repairs, so took the car to a different shop (because the first shop is not qualified to do the kind of work I need to have done now). In their 'look see', the second shop recommended brake fluid 'flush' and listed it as 'dirty'. I guess I need to talk to him again to find out on what he based that information, and if he stands by the fluids being dirty, then call up the first place and ask them to replace the fluids, since I paid for them to do that.

Again, a v. minor expense, but all the same need to make sure that it was done. If fluids are actually dirty, it's certainly possible that that request was never conveyed to the (first) mechanic ... that's being generous, I realize.

Definitely sounds like someone is trying to get paid for something they did not do or something they don't need to do.  Depends on if the fluid was changed the first time or not.

Tom