Is It Transmission Time?

bowtie3

This is an update on a post from this afternoon. I originally suspected a bad engine mount on my wife's 2000 RX300 FWD [ 55,000 miles ]. Now I'm beginning to think it's the transmission. It does it about 80% of the time. When moving the gearshift selector into reverse, then neutral, then into drive the transmission jerks really bad. At first I thought that the engine was idling too fast, but now even after warm-up and the idle is about 750 RPM the transmission gives a jolt when put into gear. I'm wondering if this is " the time " I've been reading about in this and other forums. The dealer has jerked us around concerning other issues supposedly covered under the Certified Warranty. I'm apprehensive about this deal!

I experienced the AWD rx300 transmission failure and i didn't notice anything you described.

At first the transmission made a humming noise then a while later it just went wild when i was on the highway.

Not too sure about the FWD rx300 though.