Changing Es250 Spark Plugs

I'm not being mean but come on man. Rear plugs are most likely tied with wheels as the most asked - should have searched answer of ALL TIME on every transverse v6 forum. Heck even if it aint a Toyota the answer's pretty much the same!

It's possible with the right set of extensions & joints - a flexi shaft helps.

or just take the upper intake off. That's a lot easier & you get to clean the inside of it & the IAC & throttlebody & improve reliability & gain bak lost power.

I actually did do a search and found the exact info that you gave me, only it was for a 97 es300. I wasnt sure if it was the same for mine. Thanks for the reply but you should have a little more patience.

Thanks

Chris

Just chiming in here, chris17house, Toy was just trying to help you out. If you searched and found info on a later model you should have posted it and asked for comparison info. chris17house, Your avitar in no way displays patience, My 2 cents. Didn't mean to highjack the thread. :whistles:

I actually did do a search and found the exact info that you gave me, only it was for a 97 es300. I wasnt sure if it was the same for mine. Thanks for the reply but you should have a little more patience.

Thanks

Chris

Just chiming in here, chris17house, Toy was just trying to help you out. If you searched and found info on a later model you should have posted it and asked for comparison info. chris17house, Your avitar in no way displays patience, My 2 cents. Didn't mean to highjack the thread.:whistles:

I have all of the patience in the world LoL. Sorry if my avatar doesnt display that, i thought it was funny looking thats all. I didnt mean to come off impatient, i was simply saying that i had already done a search for my car and only found other models. I didnt even think of asking for a comparison, that is a good idea. Thank you for all of your help guys. Im gonna end up taking it to the shop to get it done, i cant reach the last two plugs behind the throttle body.

And i dont think i want to take that apart cause ive never done it before and i dont want to break it.

Thank you.

Chris

It's a 12lb slug of aluminum. There's nothing to break! Just don't drop it on your foot.

Roger that! :blink::censored: . its easy, what is it brandon, like 6 bolts? pop off ti comes. clean it, change your plugs and your PCV valve since you have it off, and "Charlie-Mike" (thats "Continue Mission" for you civilian types). :D

rgr. cc.

Normally, the EGR pipe has 2 bolts, 2 8mm allen bolts in the front, 2 14mm nuts on the side holding it on. Really its just getting the nerve to pull all the rubber lines & stuff off. In the worse case, if you just take off the sides that connect to the upper intake - they still point exactly where they're suppose to go.

LoL yall aint gotta jump on his back. I just wanted to make sure he understood he should have searched first. ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
this is what i was looking for!!!! i have an 02 es300 and the rear looks hard as crap to get too. im not sure if i could pull it off! i wish there was an actual photo DIY

pull off your hood (4 bolts) and u can get in there with a few extentions. i think i used a 8" and 3". put the sp remover w/extention in the sp hole then attach the handle and spin the mo fo. no prob. 15 mins done. easier than removing intake.

will need helper removing and replacing hood. ok bye bye now

this is what i was looking for!!!! i have an 02 es300 and the rear looks hard as crap to get too. im not sure if i could pull it off! i wish there was an actual photo DIY

pull off your hood (4 bolts) and u can get in there with a few extentions. i think i used a 8" and 3". put the sp remover w/extention in the sp hole then attach the handle and spin the mo fo. no prob. 15 mins done. easier than removing intake.

will need helper removing and replacing hood. ok bye bye now