Rear Upper Light

kari

I just replaced my rear upper brake bulb and when its open and I press on the brake it works but when I close the hatch and press on the brake it does not work. Do I have a short? Needless to say I cant get the back up light on the dash to go out. Thanks in advance for any help.

I just replaced my rear upper brake bulb and when its open and I press on the brake it works but when I close the hatch and press on the brake it does not work.  Do I have a short? Needless to say I cant get the back up light on the dash to go out.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds like it could be a wire that is being stretched when the hatch is closed, Check all the wiring back as far as you can to see if there is a wear spot on one of the wires, Also check to see if all the wires that go into the connectors are tight. Double check everything closely. Hope this helps :cheers:

I just replaced my rear upper brake bulb and when its open and I press on the brake it works but when I close the hatch and press on the brake it does not work.  Do I have a short? Needless to say I cant get the back up light on the dash to go out.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds like it could be a wire that is being stretched when the hatch is closed, Check all the wiring back as far as you can to see if there is a wear spot on one of the wires, Also check to see if all the wires that go into the connectors are tight. Double check everything closely. Hope this helps :cheers:

Thank you, I will take it all apart again this weekend.