Power Button On The Gs400

Hi,

This is my first post as a new member....Just wondering if the Power ECT button (I think that's what it's called) when pushed gives the car a more sporty feel with more power in accelaration, etc.?

Thanks,

I believe so, However it also burns more gas from people who told me about it. Have fun

Hi,

This is my first post as a new member....Just wondering if the Power ECT button (I think that's what it's called) when pushed gives the car a more sporty feel with more power in accelaration, etc.?

Thanks,

I believe so, However it also burns more gas from people who told me about it. Have fun

Cheers!!!! Thanks alot

ECT= ElectronicallyControlledTransmission

When you push the PWR button, the shift points change. (Transmission downshifts more frequently when accelerating, when floored, the RPM at which the gears change is extended, maybe 200-400 RPM later in the range) Supposedly to be used mostly for towing, but yes it does use more gas too.

Perhaps there was some confusion with the tow mode/ overdrive off button found on other makes. The functionality of that button would be to lock out overdrive which would be appropriate for towing. Of course, the PWR button in Lexus land does not lock out any gear but rather just sportify (if ever so slightly) the shift pattern and modify the throttle response maps.