My Brother In-law Leased An Acura Rl

LexKid630

Sorry to say, we've lost a Lexus customer :(

Today my brother in-law signed a lease on a new 2005 Acura RL. It's dark blue with the gold package, with the black leather and navigation. ~$699 per month for 36 months.

For the past few months he has been shopping around. Soon the lease on the 04 ES330 would have ended, so he decided to get the thing now.

He looked at the following cars:

2005 Acura RL

2005 Acura TL (he said it was too small)

2005 Acura MDX (he didn't like the "feel")??

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited (it was his second choice, but not as good as the RL)

2006 Lexus GS300 (he didn't like the looks)

2005 Lexus GX470 (he thought it was too big for his needs (the price too))

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited (he thought it was cheep)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid (he thought it was cheep)

2005 Cadillac CTS (he thought it was too much $$ for the car)

2005 BMW 5 series (he said the ride wasn't as good as the RL)

His wife "owns" a 2004 RX330 and he didn't want to have a "double." Also he didn't like the 04 ES330 so he didn't even bother looking at the 05's.

Well i thought i'd just tell you about the RL. It's a nice car, but IMO not comparable to the ES or GS.

i love the M series...its a beuty..cant comment on the Acura since I have no knowlege/experience about it....but i did go test drive it and it had all thumbs except for just a tad overpriced and extremely shaky when flooring it....also my dad didnt want to spend as much as or close 2 as much as the GX for a car who just didnt have the same rep as Lexus...srry i went offtopic...

i love the M series...its a beuty..cant comment on the Acura since I have no knowlege/experience about it....but i did go test drive it and it had all thumbs except for just a tad overpriced and extremely shaky when flooring it....also my dad didnt want to spend as much as or close 2 as much as the GX for a car who just didnt have the same rep as Lexus...srry i went offtopic...

How can you test drive a car when you are only 14?

I'd have bought an Infiniti M35 though.

Me too. Although the RL has a few more ponies then the M35, both are available w/ AWD. Although Acura's interiors have gotten better, I still think that they feel too cheap compared to Lexus and Infiniti.

Having had the chance to sit in the new M, RL and GS - the M gets my vote for best interior hands down. Haven't had the chance to drive them yet so that's a different story.

[/quot

went with my dad

[/quot

went with my dad

In your post you said you drove the car, So you were just a rider?