Will 2001-2004 7 Spoke Chrome Rims Fit '98?

Lexuses71

I found a site that has the 17" chrome seven spoke rims, the ones that come on 2001-2004 LS430.

My car is factory 16" 5 slot rims mfd. by JIL.

Will they fit, more specifically, will the lugs line up? Do I have to replace any studs like SK performance recently did?

Right now, I am running 225-60HR/16 Goodyear Eagles on the 5 slots. Very smooth tire. Over all look is sharp, but I have my noggin set on something a bit different...

What are the best smoothest yet decent handling tires to get, assuming I can go this route with the 17" rims? I've read the entire Wheels/Tires section and, like most forums, each member has a different take and opinion. Matter of fact, there is so much varying opinion, it's difficult to walk away with an overall decision, LOL!

I'd think a 50-55 series 225 tire would be best. (+1 on the rim, -1 on the tire height rule). I have Falken 215-45/17 series on my Legend and they are fairly smooth, grip decent. Not top of the line, but not bad either. Right now, the LS rides so frigin' smooth , I hate to compromise too much and a 45 seems borderline in ride quality. Som of you may feel differently about that, and that's what I want to know. I want a decent compromise, but since I don't paln to shoot corners at 50+ mph, I'm willing to give up some performance to keep the ride smooth as possible.

I live in So. Cali, so only occassional rain is a road grip issue.

I'm also concerned with extra fuel consumption. Bigger rims seem to mean more gas. And we all know what prices are like these days.

As nice as the 16" factory rims are, to me, they just do not set the car off as I envision it, yet, I want to maintan a classy look.

Here is the URL that has the rim I am interested in. It's the 3rd wheel in the 2nd row. The ones on my car currently are right beside the 17" 7 spoke in the middle, same middle row.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/specials/ls430.shtml

The 2nd question I have is can I take my 16" five slots and put them on my '93 ES300?? THAT would look sharp.

I welcome all takes, opinions and critique. Thanks much folks.

P.S. I just uploaded a front shot of my recently bought '98 LS400 w/20K miles on it. As I mentioned before, it is-far as I am concerned-still a new car.

Yes the LS430 rims will fit no issues since they also have large brakes.

I only added spacer because i got aftermarket rims.

If going up 1 size i would not really bother 18's are a nice upgrade for look and comfort. Anythign bigger will impact the gas mialge much more. The biggest impact with a larger rim is with city driving not highway which the rolling velocity is consistant so it does no afect it.

My 20's added 1 more liter so i now have an average of 12L/100km while it used to be 10-11L per 100km with a highway city mix.

I found a site that has the 17" chrome seven spoke rims, the ones that come on 2001-2004 LS430.

My car is factory 16" 5 slot rims mfd. by JIL.

Will they fit, more specifically, will the lugs line up? Do I have to replace any studs like SK performance recently did?

Right now, I am running 225-60HR/16 Goodyear Eagles on the 5 slots. Very smooth tire. Over all look is sharp, but I have my noggin set on something a bit different...

What are the best smoothest yet decent handling tires to get, assuming I can go this route with the 17" rims? I've read the entire Wheels/Tires section and, like most forums, each member has a different take and opinion. Matter of fact, there is so much varying opinion, it's difficult to walk away with an overall decision, LOL!

I'd think a 50-55 series 225 tire would be best. (+1 on the rim, -1 on the tire height rule). I have Falken 215-45/17 series on my Legend and they are fairly smooth, grip decent. Not top of the line, but not bad either. Right now, the LS rides so frigin' smooth , I hate to compromise too much and a 45 seems borderline in ride quality. Som of you may feel differently about that, and that's what I want to know. I want a decent compromise, but since I don't paln to shoot corners at 50+ mph, I'm willing to give up some performance to keep the ride smooth as possible.

I live in So. Cali, so only occassional rain is a road grip issue.

I'm also concerned with extra fuel consumption. Bigger rims seem to mean more gas. And we all know what prices are like these days.

As nice as the 16" factory rims are, to me, they just do not set the car off as  I envision it, yet, I want to maintan a classy look.

Here is the URL that has the rim I am interested in. It's the 3rd wheel in the 2nd row. The ones on my car currently are right beside the 17" 7 spoke in the middle, same middle row.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/specials/ls430.shtml

The 2nd question I have is can I take my 16" five slots and put them on my '93 ES300?? THAT would look sharp.

I welcome all takes, opinions and critique. Thanks much folks.

P.S. I just uploaded a front shot of my recently bought '98 LS400 w/20K miles on it. As I mentioned before, it is-far as I am concerned-still a new car.

Hi this is Kevin in portland oregon i just purchased a newer lexus LS400 and it came with Those 17"chrome wheels the family before me put them on about 4 months ago they have brand new 235 /45/17 dunlop sport 5000 tires wow they r nice about 190-210 a piece new i am selling the whole set for $1300.00 if u would like to know more let me know yes they fit all years of lexus and would look awesome on a older es300 or ls400 and the fuel economy is pretty much the same i asked lexus of portland. my email is bvrtnadored@yahoo.com talk to u soon-Kevin