Rx300 A/c Filter Location

WJRGOLF

Where is the A/C filter located in a 2000 RX300? Can the filter be cleaned or must it be replaced? Are there any other air type filters for the interior of the vehicle? If so, where are they located and how often should they be serviced/checked?

Where is the A/C filter located in a 2000 RX300? Can the filter be cleaned or must it be replaced? Are there any other air type filters for the interior of the vehicle? If so, where are they located and how often should they be serviced/checked?

Here is a great site that helped me a lot on the cabin air filter (AC) and other fix it items. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rx300how2/index.html

When I finally got around to checking the cabin filter based on this knowledge, I discovered there was no filter in the holder. 100k miles of faithful Lexus dealer service and I find out there is no cabin air filter.

Other helpful hints in this forum by searching on cabin filter.

Cheers

The instruction to replace and location of A/C filter is in the User's Manual. It is a 5 minute job and no tools is required. But did you read the manual?

So Lexus did another fantastic job of service on your vehicle? I guess if you remove the filter you don't have to clean it. God help your heater core if you live in a leaf and dirty environment.

Thanks for all the replies to my email on the 2000 RX300 A/C filter.

My owner's manual does not show the location of the A/C filter. I wrote for help form the experts only after I tried to find the answer myself.

My question still stands...Where is the A/C filter physically located on the 2000 RX300? And a new question...Is the filter washable and reusable?

Thanks.

I posted about a few weeks ago that I indeed washed this filter. I take simple green and spray the filter after i vacuum and toothbrush it then rinse with clean water and then let dry. I have done this four times with very good results. the page # in the 1999 book is 139 under air conditioning and audio instructions.