Power Locks And Trunk Release Failure

dxt45

I did do a search on this and couldn't find what I needed, so I'm asking the experts here....

on my 92 sc300, the remote trunk release (from the driver's compartment) doesn't work. The gas relase one works....but not the trunk. I know it's electrical, and the car was jumpstarted a few months ago when I bought it.

The power door locks do not work either. ???

I did do a search on this and couldn't find what I needed, so I'm asking the experts here....

on my 92 sc300, the remote trunk release (from the driver's compartment) doesn't work. The gas relase one works....but not the trunk. I know it's electrical, and the car was jumpstarted a few months ago when I bought it.

Did you check your fuses?

Did you check your fuses?

I've replaced almost every fuse on the car....are the power locks and trunk release on the same fuse?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

• 4 months later...

Did you ever get an answer about this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i know this will sound hella stupid but have you tried the valet parking trunk lock inside the glove box?

I could be wrong.. but atleast our sc300 doesn't have that option.

Manual suggests a ground wire... I'm still working on mine.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
i know this will sound hella stupid but have you tried the valet parking trunk lock inside the glove box?

I've been looking for this... where is it?

I missed with this for several weeks as well. On my Lexus SC300 the valet lock is next to the trunk release. After checking all the fuses I final did a final check on the valet lock out and that was it. Not sure what caused it trigger, and since I was the only driver and I knew I didn't engage it, I didn't check it. I had part of the dash out and the battery removed for other things, so maybe somehow it got engaged. Felt like a moron, when it turned out to be something so simple, but at least the trunk release works.