What To Up Grade

wuz good yo

hello,

i have a ls400 '93....and i am wanting to put in a good sound system...what would be a good choice...also on my lex the emblems are gold and i want to change them to chrome so im gonna get new ones...how do i go about making that change, like what do i need to do in order to take off the old emblems and put on the new ones...and also maybe a new grill. If u have any suggestions please tell me. also how much does tint cost?

thanks

To take the rear emblems off the trunk, you can try dental floss which works most of the time, but I fiound out that a very, very heavily taped butter knife works 100x better than the floss.

Depending on what brand of tint you go with, it can cost anywhere from $150-$800. $200ish seems to be the norm. When I had my windows tinted, they had a new E500 in getting an $800 tint job. I guess it was some really, really special tint.

yea i have a white lexus....also, the front eblem is hard to find(it bolts on to the grill) i wasnt able to find that type of emblem only the thin one that goes on the back. I thought tint was a lot more expenisve than that...and what type of rims would go with a white ls400...20?....19?...18?.....chrome or black powdercoat?

thanks for the advise :)

this was going to be my theme for my lexus: diamond white pearl then tint the back windows only also tint the taillights and add some black rims... too hot for me! :cheers: that's just one direction, check some mod sites, the first gen can be modded out fully!

yea....do u think black wheels look good on white cars....and where would i get a dash for a audio reciever/cd player. when i get a sound system.....also r all the L emblems the same on all lexus'....are they all interchangable like would i be able to get one off a rx330 and put it on my ls 400

thanks for the advise

Personally I hate the black wheels on most cars. I think black tires (not white walls) with crome or silver finish looks awesome! If you want to see go to tirerack.com and put black wheels on the LS400. Its a kewl tool to use.

Secondly does anyone know where to buy a back window screen. You know the dark that rolls up and down. I seen one in a new LS and it looked nice. Since I have the tint 30 (rear) 15 (front) it would block more sun during the day.

Good luck with your LS