Raise Auto-leveling Headlights

LexKid630

Does anyone know how to raise the auto-leveling headlights on the rx300 (HID)? I searched here on LOC and in the manual but couldn't find directions for the 300.

Thanks!

I asked my dealer to do it, and they did. Much better now!

did you have to pay for this service? Do you happen to know how they did it or did they use a special tool?

Thanks!

In order to raise mine there is a sensor on the RR control arm.

It is a small arm connected with a long adjustable hook attached to a nut and screw to a sensor module.

It compares the angle of the FR arm to the RR arm and compensates the headlights angle if needed.

So if the rear has more weight and is lower the signal in the sensor will see the difference and lower the headlights.

So by loosening the bolt and sliding it down it will make the sensor say the car is higher than it really is ,so it adjusts the headlights higher.

Make sense?

That is if the RX has the same adjusters as my LS .

In order to raise mine there is a sensor on the RR control arm.

It is a small arm connected with a long adjustable hook attached to a nut and screw to a sensor module.

It compares the angle of the FR arm to the RR arm and compensates the headlights angle if needed.

So if the rear has more weight and is lower the signal in the sensor will see the difference and lower the headlights.

So by loosening the bolt and sliding it down it will make the sensor say the car is higher than it really is ,so it adjusts the headlights higher.

Make sense?

That is if the RX has the same adjusters as my LS .

Thanks, i will look at the rx when i get home today and see if i can find it. Thanks!

It may have the headlight adjustment in the manual as well for doing it on the assemblies itself.

I prefered to have them quickly and easily adjusted in tandem as it levels them both higher.

I forgot about the other way.

I couldn't find it in the manual for the rx300 or ls430.

Does anyone know how to raise the auto-leveling headlights on the rx300 (HID)? I searched here on LOC and in the manual but couldn't find directions for the 300.

Thanks!

I asked my dealer to do it, and they did. Much better now!

did you have to pay for this service? Do you happen to know how they did it or did they use a special tool?

Thanks!

They didn't charge me. I explained that it was a safety problem because I was basically driving blind at night if I was going faster than about 45 mph. They noted that it was out of adjustment.

The sensor for my LS should be the same on yours.

It is just a swing arm held on by 1 nut to a long U shaft which allows you to loosen the bolt and slide it up and down .There is another sensor on the front control arm but only the rear one needs to be adjusted down a few MM .Just look on the lower control arm for the slider and a small black box connected to the body of the car.