Brake Upgrade

I have an SC-300 and need to know if the best and most cost effective way to go in a brake upgrade is to replace the stock calipers and discs with SC-400 parts.  I have heard Supra parts work but are somewhat hard to find.  Thanks,  Lawrence benz

Are you sure the brakes are different between the 300 & 400??? I have am considering keeping the stock calipers and going to SS braided brake hoses. ANY OPINIONS/IDEAS :huh:

I have an SC-300 and need to know if the best and most cost effective way to go in a brake upgrade is to replace the stock calipers and discs with SC-400 parts.  I have heard Supra parts work but are somewhat hard to find.  Thanks,  Lawrence benz

Are you sure the brakes are different between the 300 & 400??? I have am considering keeping the stock calipers and going to SS braided brake hoses. ANY OPINIONS/IDEAS :huh:

Yes, I was shopping for discs and saw the captions on 300 discs being one diameter and the 400s being a larger diameter so I would like to assume they are bolt on giving the 400 calipers fit the 300 backing plate. I put ss brake hoses on a 914-6 but not on my SC-300. Now that you mention it my brakes are a little spongy and there may be the source.