1993 Es Radio Problem

I have a 93 ES300 that is having MAJOR radio problems. The volume doesn't work properly. The volume control does nothing when I turn it as far as turning the volume up or down.

When I get in my car and start it, there is no sound from the radio, CD changer, or tape. But then after about 10 or 15 minutes I can hear noise a little bit, then 5 minutes later it gets a little louder, then a little louder after another 5 minutes, and then a little louder after another 5 minutes, and so on and so on. Finally after about 30 minutes I can hear noise from the system (and all of them work fine--CD, tape, radio). And it seems that the noise level reaches a plateau of loudness after the 30 minute mark.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem or how it can be fixed? I plan on trading in the car in the next month or so, but would really like to have a functioning radio in the meantime.

Thanks

i would say its most likely the amp and its probably going bad and taking a long time to get power to the capsitors.if not the amp check the trunk and look up at the 2 speakers and make sure the wires are in tact and not cut and touching something.sounds like the amp to me.

you obviously have a problem with a resistance open

caused by cold temp

once it has some heat

it works

here is a trick next time to see if it is the amp located under the seat

turn the heat on full and blast it at the floor

see if it changes anything

if it does

then i would suspect the amp to be replaced