Cars Of The Future

LexKid630

Over the past 100 years we've seen how cars have developed, and become what they are today. You can always tell how old a car is just by it's shape and design etc...

What do you think cars will look like 20 years down the road? It's pretty obvious where Lexus is going (cough cough GS cough IS cough LS cough), but overall where are cars heading? I know that hybrids are becoming more and more popular, and maybe even hydrogen cars...The looks must also change as well.

So are the new GS, IS and LS's the beginning of a new generation of cars as far as looks go?

Please, any input or opinions you have!! :D

I actually don't think there's anything so revolutionary about the way the new GS and IS look. They're certainly different for Lexus, but as cars go they're pretty ordinary.

I think several companies like BMW and Mercedes are trying to move forward with the design of cars, with the high tech interiors and joystick control etc, Mercedes is moving towards huge sweeping front wheel arches which is different and a sharper, yet smoother, high tech body line.

I remember seeing a movie made right when the Ford Taurus first came out. Might have been set in Detroit. The "futeristic" cop cars were all dark gray Tauruses. In the early 1970's when I imagine what cars would look like in 2000 I felt pretty much came true. I drew pictures of them in class rather than paying attention. I attribute much of my current stupidilty to not paying attention then.

• 2 months later...

No one really knows I do not think. I have a lot of OLD car magazines from the 1950s thru the 1970s and in some of them when they talk about the "cars of the future", they looked nothing like what has came and went. Back in the 50s and 60s, they were all so sure that by the year 2000, that all cars would be flying cars with big bubble tops. Well, a "Jetson" mobile I guess I should say.

I remember seeing a movie made right when the Ford Taurus first came out.  Might have been set in Detroit.  The "futeristic" cop cars were all dark gray Tauruses.  In the early 1970's when I imagine what cars would look like in 2000 I felt pretty much came true.  I drew pictures of them in class rather than paying attention.  I attribute much of my current stupidilty to not paying attention then.

You're thinking of RoboCop - 1986. That car was such a POS.

Well... With each passing year, semi-trucks are continually looking more like a !Removed!, while automobiles are continually looking more like a tipped over labia.

Mark my words... In 20 years when !Removed! people can marry (in some states), you'll never see a !Removed! couple in a car - tho obviously - they'll be very popular with the !Removed! community.

Trucks will be sold in two sizes, "Flaccid" & "!Removed!-Star"; while cars will be sold via traditional "luxury", "compact" and "full size".