Could It Be The Fuel Filter?

Simple

My wife still insists it is ok to drive another 40 miles after the fuel light comes on. :censored:

So about every 2 months I have to dish out cash to get the throttle body cleaned out.

We finally came to agreement. Fill up tank every 200 miles.

The problem is...

The car still has a rough time starting, even after the throttle body is cleaned.

Could a dirty fuel filter be causing the problems? Should I replace the plugs?

1999 RX 300 .....please advise.

A dirty fuel filter will not clog your throttle body.

It is very common for the engine you have to carbon the intake manifold easily.

I would invest in a $10 tool kit and learn to spray the cleaner in yourself for about $4 every couple months.

I run my tanks bone dry in both of my Lexus and my Honda with no issues of a fuel filter needing to be changed.

I was having a problem with my RX starting and went to Advance Auto Parts and they suggested I try a bottle of Sea Foam engine/injector cleaner. I mixed it with about 8 gallons of gas and it immediately took care of the problem. The car runs great!!! I think the Sea Foam cleaner worked much better than some of the other high end fuel system cleaners I have tried, and it is O2 sensor safe. I usually add a bottle of fuel system cleaner about every 5kmi..