After Changing To Mobil 1, Start Hesitantly

Jun_he

I changed regular oil to Mobil 1 FullSync 10W30 yesterday. I found engine starts hesitantly as if the battery needs to be replaced. My 2001 ES300 has 59K. This is the first time I am doing oil change myself and chaning oil to synthetic after following many good advice here. The change is relatively smooth and almost no drip to the ground. Do any of you know why so ?

I changed regular oil to Mobil 1 FullSync 10W30 yesterday. I found engine starts hesitantly as if the battery needs to be replaced.  My 2001 ES300 has 59K. This is the first time I am doing oil change myself and chaning oil to synthetic after following many good advice here. The change is relatively smooth and almost no drip to the ground. Do any of you know why so ?

I suggest going to http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php and posting this question....these guys are really knowledgable...most of them are anyway

I changed regular oil to Mobil 1 FullSync 10W30 yesterday. I found engine starts hesitantly as if the battery needs to be replaced.

Then the battery is weak, or the terminal has a poor connection.

Oil is oil man, you're looking many times too deep into things...

1) clean the terminals no matter how good they look

2) check fluid level in the battery if it is a serviceable battery fill if needed

3) put battery on a charger

The engine will turn over with no oil in it just as fast as it will with over two gallons of oil in it. Please, ask me how I happen to know LoL!

I would agree that the charging system should be looked at but if nothing changed and the only variable is the oil then it lean towards it.

Also new ,used or no oil still has an intial lower viscosity than sludge and varnish.

thanks for all the responses. The battery is still the original one. Is it normal factory battery last this long or short ? My experience with Jap car is that their factory batteries last barely over the warranty time. Doesn't matter if it is 30k or 50k ? Now at 59k. It seems to be just right.

thanks for all the responses.  The battery is still the original one. Is it normal factory battery last this long or short ?  My experience with Jap car is that their factory batteries last barely over the warranty time. Doesn't matter if it is 30k or 50k ?  Now at 59k. It seems to be just right.

My 1998 ES300 battery lasted till last year when it go weak, not dead. Got an Optima and wow, unreal how fast it cranks! Like an ES on the "X"???

Also the oil will not effect starting here. You could but corn oil in the engine and still crank fine.

YOu should notice the oil will get black fairly quick since the add pkg is working. I would drain sooner then nromal, then go back to your normal drains.

I changed regular oil to Mobil 1 FullSync 10W30 yesterday. I found engine starts hesitantly as if the battery needs to be replaced.  My 2001 ES300 has 59K. This is the first time I am doing oil change myself and chaning oil to synthetic after following many good advice here. The change is relatively smooth and almost no drip to the ground. Do any of you know why so ?

Also what oil are you talking about? Mobil 1 does not have a oil named full sync here. There have suv, delvac, 7500, dive clean, EP etc.

Also what oil are you talking about? Mobil 1 does not have a oil named full sync here. There have suv, delvac, 7500, dive clean, EP etc.

Simply the "mobil 1" sold in Samsclub. Don't remember what it says on the box: FullSync or SyncTech or something like that. I put "FullSynth" there simply to differentiate from hybrid type. Search "mobil 1" on Samsclub.com. You will get it.

Here is the link

http://search.samsclub.com/eclub/search.go...ch&logged_in=No

Another thing I found in Walmart yesterday is that they charge only $32 for oil change with this exactly same "mobil 1" synthetic oil. Of course their filter is no good and I can't trust their people doing the job there. Still it is very tempting to let them do it.....

Its called SuperSyn. and before someone says otherwise:

Is Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology a fully synthetic motor oil? 

Yes, it is. To meet the demanding requirements of today's specifications (and our customers' expectations), Mobil 1 with SuperSyn uses high-performance fluids, including polyalphaolefins (PAOs), along with a proprietary system of additives. Each Mobil 1 with SuperSyn viscosity grade uses a unique combination of synthetic fluids and selected additives in order to tailor the viscosity grade to its specific application.

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil...FAQs.aspx#FAQs1

Werd.

supersyn is mobil's full synthetic. Greatest widely spread over the counter oil *ever*!

15000 is synthetic too.

7500 is a blend & 5000 is just great top tier dino.

Both supersyn & 15000 say full synthetic somewhere on the jug.

Werd.

supersyn is mobil's full synthetic. Greatest widely spread over the counter oil *ever*!

15000 is synthetic too.

7500 is a blend & 5000 is just great top tier dino.

Both supersyn & 15000 say full synthetic somewhere on the jug.

7500 looks a little weak in Ca and zddp. I still do not get the moly at around 120 ppm.

There SuperSyn looks better hence a higher price. There Ca, TBN and Zddp are higher. Then again, there EP oils are not high in ZDDP here. I still think they have high boron to pull it through long drains. They did bring Moly down in the EP oils like Amsoil did years ago.

Again, they have the ash in the oil! Do not get it.

Based on the numbers I would use and going to try a diesel oil in my Lexus. Going to try Amsoil Series 3000 5w-30. More adds in the oil, better for resisting OXD and NOX.