Defective Paint Finish

jasper

I purchased a new RX330 a few months ago. Last week I discovered a spot of bird dropping on the passenger door. I washed the vehicle two times but the stain remained. I waxed the spot with Turtle wax but the blemish remained. Upon closer inspection I discovered the paint finish was pitted with a number of small holes. The dealer service tech said they will not repair the spot but suggested I speak to the service manager, who was not available at that time.

I have owned many cars over the years. They have been subjected to wind, rain, snow, ice, road salt and alot of bird droppings. Many times it remained on the cars for weeks but came clean with washing. The paint was never penetrated and pitted the finish. I believe the paint finish on my vehicle to be flawed or defective. I'm asking if anyone has had a similar problem and what was done about it.

Also post a topic once not in any forum you feel might work.

thanks

does the RX happen to be black?

if so, then for future reference, the Lexus Black is a soft paint,and to top it all off, it has NO clearcoat. so it requires extra care. i would wax at least once a month. at the very least a laser wash with the hot wax once a week in the winter. during the sammer a once a month waxing will keep your cars finish looking great.

contact blake about the bird droppings. he had a similar problem on his LS4, and got it out with a porter cable polisher.

• 1 month later...
Talk with the service manager & let us know what (if anything) they will do for you.  It's unfortunate.  :(

:cheers:

Good news. I recently took my RX330 in for the 5000 mile service and spoke to the service manager. He contacted Toyota and they agreed to refinish the area. I consider this outstanding service and very reputable by Toyota.