Spark Plug And Wire

ptd0647

My 1999 LS400 is at 91K and I just have the timing belt and water pump replaced. I am now thinking about replacing the spark plugs and wires, any suggestion on the brand? I heard about Iridium spark plugs and Vitek wires. Has anyone has any experience with those? Should I just stick to OEM?

Paul

Stick with OE plugs......in your case, that might mean laser platinums instead of iridiums.  They are very good & should last 100,000 miles.   B)

:cheers:

the iridium plug is OE for his car

My bad, I stand corrected.......had a brain cramp & thought for some reason he had an early 90's LS. :blushing: ;)

:cheers:

just changed mine-got oe plugs from lexus -they were PK20R-11 which are platinum.

and after market leads which were cheaper by 100 bucks . fit ok .you must follow exactly the instructions from lexls.com and lextacy.com where u will find the wire routing instructions. or the service manual if u have access to one.if u dont run the wires exactly as shown in the correct wire holders u can crimp them when u put covers back on and then u get missfireing.trust me. i destroyed a set and had to go buy another. luck i bought the cheap ones!