Chrome Racing Rims

I am looking for some rims with the shine of chrome and lightness of racing rims. My mechanics son told me about his friend that has racings rims that where dipped in chrome. Anyone know where i can get some. thx.

Um... Well chrome in general is heavy but If you want a nice shiny rim without adding massive weight check out dazzmotorsport.com they carry a wide array of rims that would suit your need. On the downside none of their rims are really cheap. Imo they're worth the money though. If you see something you like lemme know. I may be able to help you out with the price. Lates

Chrome and racing do not go together?

Get a set of ploished volk racings if you want the look of both.

I almost said that but then I just told him about dazz cuz it sounds like he really wants chrome. And a lot of their wheels as bling as they may be, are actually 5-10 pounds lighter than nearly all of their competitors chrome wheels. That can add up to between 20-40 additional pounds of unsprung weight which is no bueno.So a chrome rim made by dazz actually isn't as bad as it sounds. Hope you find the wheel that suits your needs.

Chrome and racing do not go together?

Get a set of ploished volk racings if you want the look of both.

Is that a question SK? ;) If it is a statement, then I agree with you. Chrome tends to be heavier and can sometimes weaken the metal just a little during the chroming process.

I also agree that you can get polished ones and be better off. The nice thing about chrome and is also the bad thing about polished is maintenance. Polished rims need to be consistently maintained to retain that bling.

The thing about many of the Dazz wheels is that although nice (and OEM elsewhere), they are cast which makes them a bit heavier. If you have the $, look into some forged polished rims to get the combination of strength, weight (reduction), and shine.

chris6878,

When you say racing, are you planning to take the wheels to the track? Or are you just talking about informal street? If track, are you talking about drag strips for time or are you talking about a course track where driving/steering comes into play?