- FWD RX330

- California weather

- no snow

- no off road

- freeway/street commute vehicle year round

- family vehicle driven by wife: want comfort and low noise

- still safe

- tread wear at least 40k miles

- 235/55 R 18 (not sure what rating I want)

I don't have any experience with 18-inch tires but what I can tell you is that if you're after long mileage, you'll be better off with an H-rated tire. Most tire shops will try to sell you a V-rated tire, but unless you plan to corner this vehicle at 120 mph, you don't need it. V-rated tires are constructed with softer rubber compounds and will probably not provide you with the 40,000 to 50,000 miles that you'd like to get out of your next set. A V-rated tire really is overkill for a somewhat clumsy SUV like the RX, but I acknowledge that it may be difficult to find an H-rated tire in the size you need. Talk to the folks at tirerack.com, look at their ratings and surveys, and spend a little time on research before you decide what you're going to do.

Asking for tire recommendations under these driving conditions:

- FWD RX330

- California weather

- no snow

- no off road

- freeway/street commute vehicle year round

- family vehicle driven by wife: want comfort and low noise

- still safe

- tread wear at least 40k miles

- 235/55 R 18 (not sure what rating I want)

Honestly I think what it boils down to is how much you want to spend. I would suggest Michelins. Michelins are going to cover all your listed specs and be the best priced

I'd go with either the Turanza's that wwest recommeded (assuming he tells us which specific Turanza was so quiet) or the Michelin MXV4-Plus (assuming it's available in an 18" size).

The MXV4-Plus is probably more expensive, but has excellent treadwear characteristics in addition to a smooth, quiet ride. Lexus fitted some of the 2004 RX330's at the factory with the MXV4-Plus

I'm having trouble locating a place here in Nor Cal that sells the Toyo's...

How about the Bridgstone Dueler Alenza?

I'd contact Toyo usa directly to ask them. Not a fan of Bridgestones of any kind personally.......& no experence with that specific tire to be honest.

:cheers:

Go online and type in Toyo, I ordered some of this brank a few years back and got them out of Arizona, and payed no tax, They were on my door step 3 days later. good luck

Go online and type in Toyo,  I ordered some of this brank a few years back and got them out of Arizona, and payed no tax,  They were on my door step 3 days later.  good luck

THe Open Country H/T from Toyo is a brand new line for SUV's.....only been on the market several months now. ;)

:cheers: